My PC freeze and crash while playing game but sound still continues

aceiroo

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Guys my pc freeze and then crash when playing game after a while but the sounds still continues before freeze there is like a something green and black blinking on my screen and then the game freeze and crash, i close the game via task manager, this happened since yesterday. can it be gpu failure, drivers or something?
hope you can help me guys

Spec :
FX 6300
HIS R9 270X 2GB IceQX2
Asus M5A78 M LX V2
1TB HDD

Solution
Video cards do have a shorter life. They average around 3~5 years unless you limit their FPS or only lightly use them. If you need a new video card the 570 is well over twice as fast. Its nearly twice the speed of of my R9 280 3GB. This is a smaller single fan version that should easily work in your case.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1869?vs=1751
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 570 4GB PULSE ITX Video Card ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $169.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-29 12:17 EDT-0400

aceiroo

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

Ok i will try soon

This happened since yesterday before that it was fine when i playing that game...

leonblndr

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016

Is it with all games or just with one? Have you defraged your Hard drive?

aceiroo

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

all games, no i haven't defraged

Rexer

Distinguished
Here's an old time cure. Did you try resetting the game to default settings? And if it's still black screens, restart the computer? Default settings is known as 'optimal settings' in Call of Duty, 'reset game', 'set to default' or depending on what game it will be something like that. Sometimes games have a knack of remembering a crash like a game setting. So if it crashes one time and starts crashing after, it could be it remembered the crash and has to be reset. Hope this helps.

aceiroo

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

two weeks ago and nothing happened back then.
And today i left my pc on for updating windows and when i checked back the monitor gave no signal

aceiroo

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

How long i should test the furmark?

Just do the benchmark at your default resolution. should only take a minute or 2. These tests stress the parts more than games so it should crash if the parts are teh problem.

Rexer

Distinguished
Before you go out to buy hardware, did you do the common bug fixes things like reseat your hardware and ram? How about rolling back your video driver to the last known good one? Power isssues come in as assortment of crashes depending on what's causing it. Do you get any window pop ups describing the issue or problem? Did the crash have preconditions evident (like flickering, white snow patterns, hesitations or stutter frames)? elbert and SgtScream suggested monitoring test.

aceiroo

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

here is the video when it crash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxD5nADQ5s
i already try reseat the gpu its seems fine while playing games now, but two days ago the monitor suddenly gave no signal when i watch youtube.
no problem with the furmark benchmark, max gpu temp 72C
no pop ups with the issue

Rexer

Distinguished

Yup.

Rexer

Distinguished
If it's not your video card, look around on your board, at the little capacitors (the little cans) on the board and see if they're uniform or if one of them is blown or has expanded. Some of them have a safety 'x' marked on the top of them to help contain a pop or expansion when it goes. Not a good sign. But then, you know the fault's on the board. If the board looks good, it could be a power problem. Next is to check your power supply unit and power train.
By the way, tell us the specs on your psu. A bad psu could be the problem, too. I had several power supply units go bad which resulted in black screen crashes.
Your HIS Radeon R9 270x uses about 180 to 250w. AMD recommends 500w which is a bit much but on the safe side (probably AMD is thinking about crossfire options). I'd say anything 350-400w on a single rail is safe, considering board support/cpu and peripherals added.
Is the electricity in your area stable and reasonably clean? Are you using a power strip or UPS unit? Does the wall lights flicker in the room? Sometimes the power or power devices fail or go out slowly and goes unnoticed. For a short test, plug it into a known good power strip and run the game a couple of hours. If the electrical is good, board and gpu is good, take your power supply unit out and put it in another computer and see if you get the same crashing results. Or, use a spare psu or borrow, or take out a psu from another computer and run it your game computer.

aceiroo

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

its already working fine now after i reseat and clean install the drivers
hope not getting that problem again

aceiroo

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Guys today i left my pc for uploading, and after i came back home the screen shows no signal again and theres one long and three short beep sound from mobo

aceiroo

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

just done reseating the card, will see it still have the problem or not..., my card is just almost 2 years old is there is any possibility the card is malfunction?
but yes its difficult to seat the card properly with my case,my case is small (armaggeddon toro t200)

Video cards do have a shorter life. They average around 3~5 years unless you limit their FPS or only lightly use them. If you need a new video card the 570 is well over twice as fast. Its nearly twice the speed of of my R9 280 3GB. This is a smaller single fan version that should easily work in your case.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1869?vs=1751
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 570 4GB PULSE ITX Video Card ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $169.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-29 12:17 EDT-0400

Solution