[SOLVED] my PC freeze when im playing games like overwatch, black ops cold war

Jan 16, 2021
the temp of the gpu is 68-72 and the cpu temp is 52-60, I've reinstalled windows and updated the system and GeForce experience
my PC:
GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER VENTUS XS OC
CPU: i5 9400f
motherboard: asrock h310CM-HDV
psu:xigmatek xpower 500w 80plus
ram: corsair 8x2 2900mHz
i dont think that i have a virus cause i have kaspersky antivirus, i'll be thankful if u helped me.

Solution
i didn't think of it like this, so i have to change it now, how much watts should i buy?

For this build, a quality 550W would be fine. We have a curated power supply tier list stickied in the Power Supplies forum. Safety is just really, really important and you can rule out any power issues.

DSzymborski

Titan
but i have a friend who has the same PC build and it's working, there is no problem with it so I got confused.

That's not how it works. Just because it's running doesn't mean it's safe or a good idea. Most people who drive drunk get home safely, but that doesn't mean drunk driving is a good idea or safe.

This is how you know a PSU has "no problem with it."

JGTesting1.jpg

Even if the PSU is not directly the problem, the problem with a garbage PSU is that as soon as you have problems, you cannot properly diagnose it until you remove the junk PSU. So you might as well do it properly the first time and not go cheap on what is the single most important part of your PC.

Jan 16, 2021
That's not how it works. Just because it's running doesn't mean it's safe or a good idea. Most people who drive drunk get home safely, but that doesn't mean drunk driving is a good idea or safe.

This is how you know a PSU has "no problem with it."

JGTesting1.jpg

Even if the PSU is not directly the problem, the problem with a garbage PSU is that as soon as you have problems, you cannot properly diagnose it until you remove the junk PSU. So you might as well do it properly the first time and not go cheap on what is the single most important part of your PC.
i didn't think of it like this, so i have to change it now, how much watts should i buy?