ABBJ

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
Hey, I seem to have a problem with my PC and I was wondering if anyone could help me or direct me to something that could help me.

The specifications:
Motherboard - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master​
GPU - MSI RTX 2080 ti 11 GB VRAM GDDR6​
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz​
RAM - G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4 3600 MHz​
PSU - Seasonic Prime Ultra 80+ Titanium 750W​
SSD - Samsung 860 Evo 2.5" SATA SSD 2TB​
M.2 - Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe 1TB​
OS - Windows 10 Home​

The problem:
My computer keeps freezing, sometimes it freezes +10 times in a row, sometimes within after bootup or couples of hours later, and some days it's running just fine with no crashes. Sometimes I experience my mouse cursor is lagging and moving slowly across the screen, which indicates the computer is about to crash and it freezes, I can't open task manager using Ctrl + ALT + Delete or Ctrl + Shift + Esc, I can't press Alt + F4 and I can't click on the start menu to shut it down. Sometimes when I spam my keys, I get a popup saying "The application is not responding. The Program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?" and I can choose "End process" or "Cancel", but I can't click any of them, because my PC is frozen, this seems to be the only application that pops up during the crash. I also hear audio playing in the background after my screen freezes, sometimes when my PC is frozen up, I can still use my mouse and click on application icon on the toolbar, they won't open, but I can still see the click animation and the only way for me to shut down my computer is using a hard reboot by holding down power button till it turns off completely and I don't think it's good for the PC receiving +10 hard reboots multiple times per week.

What I have done so far:
I have uninstalled and updated all my drivers with a clean install, I have tried running Driver Display Uninstaller in Safe Mode and neither of these things have worked.

Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz
How are you cooling the processor?

PSU - Seasonic Prime Ultra 80+ Titanium 750W
How old is the PSU in your build?

Since you're working with Samsung drives, might want to see if Samsung's Magician app shows any firmware updates for the drives. BIOS version for your motherboard?

I have uninstalled and updated all my drivers with a clean install
Did you install all drivers in an elevated command, manually? As for your clean install, where did you source the installer for the OS? Did you try recreating the installer to rule out a corrupt installer?

Reactions: Pcnowork

ABBJ

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
I'm using the NZXT Kraken X73 360mm water cooler and when I look at the temperatures, it's between 35°C - 50°C and it seems normal.

All my components were bought in 2020, I don't know if it's the PSU that's faulty making the computer freeze.

I haven't updated my Samsung drivers or my BIOS, I'll try that next and see how it goes.

I have only done a clean install using AMD and Nividia Geforce Experience and my OS was manually downloaded from Microsoft, using an unlicensed version without the activation key.

ABBJ

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
I have updated my Samsung SSD drivers with Samsung Magician to the current version and I downloaded version F37b on Gigabyte's website and I did a flash install on my BIOS to the current version.

I have also changed my VRAM voltage from 1.200 V to 1.400 V and overclocked my RAM memory from 2400 MHz to 3600 MHz

But it doesn't seem to have worked at all.