Question My pc freezes and restarts

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
hello my new gaming pc i got for 2 months ago sometimes when im playing my pc just frezee and restarts it happend right now

Specs
CPU R5 1600X
GPU gtx 1660 super
motherboard A320M-S2H
PSU corsair 650CXM 650W 80+ bronze
ram hyperX rgb 2x8gb 3200mhz

Bios version
F22 or F24 dont remember

i posted a thread for like 1 and a half month ago and i got no respond i didnt get any answer so i was like whatever and now im starting to get worried

When im playing my gpu is on 45-72 degrees often but soemtimes i t can go up to 80 degrees when i tested watch 4K on youtube the cpu usage was like 7-20% and my SSD disk use about 0-3% when watching youtube

its impossible that the motherboard is wrong i got an A10-9700 cpu in it before and i ahd that in 2 years and it never restarted

Last edited:
If all your motherboard drivers are up to date and you still have the same problem, i would update the BIOS. There have been many updates issued after F24, one specifically list better compatibility with some games. First gen Ryzen chipsets like the A320 were a completely new platform outsourced to ASMedia and it took AMD support some time to work out all the various bugs, especially with memory compatibility.

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
If all your motherboard drivers are up to date and you still have the same problem, i would update the BIOS. There have been many updates issued after F24, one specifically list better compatibility with some games. First gen Ryzen chipsets like the A320 were a completely new platform outsourced to ASMedia and it took AMD support some time to work out all the various bugs, especially with memory compatibility.
I got the F18 before and it struggled to boot to windows 10 it just restarted after 5 seconds on the windows loading screen
But we updated to F24 then it worked fine until this nightmare came

I got the F18 before and it struggled to boot to windows 10 it just restarted after 5 seconds on the windows loading screen
But we updated to F24 then it worked fine until this nightmare came
Are you running your RAM at 3200MHz? There are only a few 3200MHz menory kits listed on your motherboards QVL Support List for Summit Ridge CPU's. Try lowering the speed to 2933MHz or 2667MHz to see if that eliminates your problem.

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Are you running your RAM at 3200MHz? There are only a few 3200MHz menory kits listed on your motherboards QVL Support List for Summit Ridge CPU's. Try lowering the speed to 2933MHz or 2667MHz to see if that eliminates your problem.
no i think the guy that built it for me he set it on auto so it will only run 3200mhz when it needs to on heavy loads
how do i do that im not good at that im just 13 years old :/ thats not gonna go as planned
btw its an gigabyte A320M motherboard its running in 2400mhz wich is low
but how do i know if my driver is up to date
if none of these things you have told me work i think im just gonna replace my psu.
Next time im gonna ask if he can change the hermal paste because the Be quiet pure rock it was already thermal paste on it but i was curious if it was thermal paste on it so he touched the thermal paste wich i have heard that you should not touch it he can

Last edited:
no i think the guy that built it for me he set it on auto so it will only run 3200mhz when it needs to on heavy loads
how do i do that im not good at that im just 13 years old :/ thats not gonna go as planned
btw its an gigabyte A320M motherboard its running in 2400mhz wich is low
but how do i know if my driver is up to date
if none of these things you have told me work i think im just gonna replace my psu.
Next time im gonna ask if he can change the hermal paste because the Be quiet pure rock it was already thermal paste on it but i was curious if it was thermal paste on it so he touched the thermal paste wich i have heard that you should not touch it he can
Have you gone to "Control Panel > Device Manager" to check for any yellow warning signs?