My PC freezes in-game.

HellMarine

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
I recorded my issue to show exactly what I mean, because I know "freezing" might be a little vague.
Vid: https://youtu.be/MOGT0qQaN4M (No game sound because headset.)
If you don't want to watch the entire video, that's fine. Just skip anywhere, the freezing starts around 1:00 and keeps happening until the end. (At 2:00 I recorded a different part)

My CPU used to be overheating until a good 2 weeks ago, which I fixed by reapplying my thermal compound. The highest it goes is now 70°C in game instead of 90.

The freezing is still not done though, so I recorded it with my phone (because recording with software would be putting extra stress on my PC) to show performance, CPU temps and the exact freezes I get. My GPU hasn't gone over 66°C here.

The freezing happens every time I'm playing a game and can take even 20 seconds. I've been kicked out of MP games because of this, got countless deaths on MP and SP.

This is not an issue with the game. I got it first on Battlefield 4 when that came out and have been getting it since. Recently, it started happening on Rainbow six: Siege as well, as in Battlefield 1 and most other games I play. (that's recent games. Oldies don't have this problem).

If any more info is required, I'll be happy to provide.

Recently updated my GFX driver with DDU

Specs:
i7-2600@3.40GHz
Windforce GTX770 4GB
8GB DDR3 in 4x2GB
Kingston SV100S2128G SSD 128GB (OS: Win10)
WD Black 3.5" 1TB SATA-600 7200RPM HDD

(Note: I suspect it might be my SSD because you can see the usage rise from near-0% to 50% - which means my SSD is at 100% usage and my HDD at 0 -> Tested this when transferring files. Although I don't know if this is the actual problem and how to fix it, IF I can fix it. I don't have any spare HDD/SSD so there's no replacing it without buying a new one.)

Solution
Hi HellMarine :) Here are some things that can cause your issue ingame.

1. Scan for Malware and any background services that may be interrupting your game play. Many can be disabled. Check in Task Manager.
2. Check your Core Parking config using Resource monitor. May require a reg edit to disable parking.
3. Is your system set in Windows for Performance mode.?
4. List your PSU. Is it doing its job under load.?
5. Do you have enough RAM. 8GB is barely just enough for some AAA games and could be page filing when at 87% as iv'e seen it do in your vid. Freezing seems to be occurring when RAM usage spikes high.

You can conduct a series of stress tests to see if any hardware is letting you down.
I use AIDA64 and HWMonitor. Run tests on the...
Hi HellMarine :) Here are some things that can cause your issue ingame.

1. Scan for Malware and any background services that may be interrupting your game play. Many can be disabled. Check in Task Manager.
2. Check your Core Parking config using Resource monitor. May require a reg edit to disable parking.
3. Is your system set in Windows for Performance mode.?
4. List your PSU. Is it doing its job under load.?
5. Do you have enough RAM. 8GB is barely just enough for some AAA games and could be page filing when at 87% as iv'e seen it do in your vid. Freezing seems to be occurring when RAM usage spikes high.

You can conduct a series of stress tests to see if any hardware is letting you down.
I use AIDA64 and HWMonitor. Run tests on the CPU,FPU,GPU,PSU and DIMMs. If unsure how to go about this or of the results, post desktop pics here for scrutiny.

See how you go and please report back.

Solution