Question My PC freezes randomly even during a boot

Jul 14, 2024
Hello,

So at first I suspected a software issue so I ran a malware scan but silly me it froze mid scan long story short I reset the c drive and installed a new win10 still the problem,
as a matter of fact the computer froze multiple times during the final stages of installations so i had to reset the drive twice and install again until it finally finished but still the same problem a freeze after some minutes,
so I think it's hardware I reseted the bios by removing the motherboard battery and putting it again after 60 sec ,

updated the bios to the lateset version,

installed lateset GPU driver,

I ran a memory test using memtest86 and got 13 passes,

did a chkdsk test using /f and /r .

when I check the reliabilty monitor the only errors are there is because of the force shutdowns I do when the computer freeze.

SPECS:

CPU: Intel Core I5 4460

CPU cooler: Stock Intel fan

Motherboard: GA-H81M-S2PT (rev. 1.1)

Ram: 2X 4G DDR3 1600MHz - Kingston hyperX fury

SSD/HDD: Samsung 1 TB SATA Hard Drive HD103UJ

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 570 4GB

PSU: ZALMAN 700 TX 80 PLUS POWER SUPPLY - 700 WATT , Made in korea I guess. age of my usage of it (11-july-2020)

Chassis: idk actually I got it from a local store but i did some digging It's ( TIGER X6) If you search that you maybe get scooter and BMW results but I can post an image if needed

Monitor: HP 1530 PE1235 15 Inch LCD Monitor

*The computer even freezes on the restart screen and sometimes during booting .

That's the memory test.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

so I think it's hardware I reseted the bios by removing the motherboard battery and putting it again after 60 sec
You clear the CMOS by disconnecting from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, then press and hold down the power button for 30secs, then replace the CMOS after 30mins.

You could've listed your specs like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Where did you source the installer for your OS?

Jul 14, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

so I think it's hardware I reseted the bios by removing the motherboard battery and putting it again after 60 sec
You clear the CMOS by disconnecting from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, then press and hold down the power button for 30secs, then replace the CMOS after 30mins.

You could've listed your specs like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Where did you source the installer for your OS?
I cleared the CMOS like you said and still the problem occurs also edited the specs