[SOLVED] My PC freezes when booting up and repairs are not working ?

amjedfiras

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
I was playing csgo when my system crashed, then whenever i try to launch my pc it gets to the black windows loading screen (not welcome page) and freezes while loading. When i restart it tries performing repairs but does nothing, when i go to advanced options and try a repair it says that the problem is with srttrail.txt but it was not able to repair it. I tried using command prompt with different solutions but they all did nothing. When i booted the computer in safe mode everything worked fine but csgo's icon turned into a globe, i dont know if that is important or not. It still gets stuck when loading windows and i need help please. Thank you. Edit: now it gets past the loading but turns into a black screen and my monitor shows that there is no signal as if nothing is plugged into it, but after i restarted it went back to freezing on the loading screen.

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you for taking the time to try and help me,
My problem really started as i raged and hit the disk, which caused my pc to crash into a blue screen and i have been stuck in this freezing problem since then. I have an optiplex 390 minitower, core i7 2600, gtx 750 ti, 8 gb ram, 500 gb hdd from WD blue. I tried both commands and many more but it never says that there is a problem. I just tried using dell's hardware scanning software which is prebuilt into the motherboard and it gave an error (2000-0142) for the hard drive. When i boot up in safe mode i can roam freely and open up apps with no problem which makes me believe that it is not a hardware problem but i have no idea of making sure since im not an expert.
When there is...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Source for CGSO? Have you tried a reinstall?

= = = =

Boot into Safe Mode.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes etc. that occur just before or at the time of the freezes.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters - the troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "scf /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

amjedfiras

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Source for CGSO? Have you tried a reinstall?

= = = =

Boot into Safe Mode.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes etc. that occur just before or at the time of the freezes.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters - the troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "scf /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image
My problem really started as i raged and hit the disk, which caused my pc to crash into a blue screen and i have been stuck in this freezing problem since then. I have an optiplex 390 minitower, core i7 2600, gtx 750 ti, 8 gb ram, 500 gb hdd from WD blue. I tried both commands and many more but it never says that there is a problem. I just tried using dell's hardware scanning software which is prebuilt into the motherboard and it gave an error (2000-0142) for the hard drive. When i boot up in safe mode i can roam freely and open up apps with no problem which makes me believe that it is not a hardware problem but i have no idea of making sure since im not an expert.

When there is enough vibration to a mechanical hard drive the head can hit the platter and scratch it. I won't guarantee it, but likely your hard drive is damaged and you won't get the data back where it is damaged. You might be able to recover parts, but you would be advised to perform a fresh install. If there is something (small particulate matter) floating around in the drive, then likely the drive is going to completely fail at some point and you'd be advised to get a new hard drive.

Solution

amjedfiras

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
When there is enough vibration to a mechanical hard drive the head can hit the platter and scratch it. I won't guarantee it, but likely your hard drive is damaged and you won't get the data back where it is damaged. You might be able to recover parts, but you would be advised to perform a fresh install. If there is something (small particulate matter) floating around in the drive, then likely the drive is going to completely fail at some point and you'd be advised to get a new hard drive.
Aha thank you, ill try a clean install in the morning and will get a new drive soon