[SOLVED] My PC freezes when I have chrome running while i'm playing games.

Jan 26, 2021
I like to have a twitch stream or youtube video playing on my second monitor while playing video games. Although running chrome on the second monitor freezes my whole computer and I have to restart my pc. If I dont have chrome running and I'm just playing video games it wont freeze. Any suggestions?

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x
GPU: RX 5700xt
MOBO: Asus x570 prime-p
RAM: 2x16gb vengence PRO 3200mhz

Solution
That sounds more like an OS glitch where possible unresolved conflicts (possibly Ryzen architecture related in cores, memory management, etc.?) occur in that scenario, vice an actual hardware problem...

Try another browser, just to introduce a slightly different set of variables...; make sure Chrome, mainboard BIOS and drivers, AMD chipset driver/AGESA ,and OS are all up to date...
So I turned off hardware acceleration on chrome and that did the work. Thanks for the help though
That sounds more like an OS glitch where possible unresolved conflicts (possibly Ryzen architecture related in cores, memory management, etc.?) occur in that scenario, vice an actual hardware problem...

Try another browser, just to introduce a slightly different set of variables...; make sure Chrome, mainboard BIOS and drivers, AMD chipset driver/AGESA ,and OS are all up to date...

Jan 26, 2021

So I turned off hardware acceleration on chrome and that did the work. Thanks for the help though

Solution

TRENDING THREADS