My PC freezes when I play games (Buzzing sound)

Jun 30, 2018
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU NVIDIA GTX 1060
RAM 16 GB
Motherboard STRIX Z270F GAMING

Nothing is overclocked.

I can run Minecraft with intense shaders fine but when I play Overwatch or Fortnite it freezes randomly, there doesn't seem to be overheating issues. The default/recommended settings for both of the games were max settings so I left them like that.

My mouse is unresponsive and so is my keyboard. My headphones buzz with an electronic static as well. I had a friend who is more knowledgeable about computers than I am help pick out the parts, however I upgraded from 8 to 16 GB RAM, so it may be the power supply? There is not a pattern to the crashes they seem to happen whenever the computer wants them to, from a minute after the booting up the computer to two hours into Overwatch competitive.

Solution
Are your drivers updated? Go to device manager and click display adapters. Then search for updates. A lot of the time it will say they are already installed. But you should also go to the nvidia website. Also try to update your actual computer. How long has this been happening?

mayaruth04

Proper
Apr 14, 2018
Are your drivers updated? Go to device manager and click display adapters. Then search for updates. A lot of the time it will say they are already installed. But you should also go to the nvidia website. Also try to update your actual computer. How long has this been happening?

Solution