[SOLVED] My PC freezes while playing CSGO but..

fuzzx

Prominent
May 29, 2018
Hello,
I just buid my first PC, i installed csgo to test my pc. first game was ok without any problem, 2nd game was catastrophe. my pc freezes three time per game. So i downclock my CPU from 4,05ghz to 3200Mhz and recconect tothe match again.. and it crashed again at the end of the game. And temperatures while csgo wasnt more than 60°c.. My question is what can cause these problems? I was stress testing my cpu @4.1ghz 1.35V and my cpu was okey doing well.
PC Specs:
Ryzen 2700 OC @4.05ghz 1.34V but currently 3.2ghz at 1V
HyperX 16GB OC @3000Mhz 1.3V
GTX 1070Ti FE OC
Seasonic M12II Bronze Evo 520W
ASRock B450M Steel Legend

Solution
Hello @fuzzx !

First thing - try to answer my all questions before posting.

Second - What to say it... Having a stock cooler isn't good thing. It's basically garbage. Ryzen's CPU are famous of having very high temperatures (probably changed with Ryzen 7) but you overclocked it - so based on that, I can already say, you watched wrong youtube videos... never, NEVER overclock with stock cooler.

(Stock cooler - It's cooler that AMD provides with processor)

This is bad simply because you cannot check integrity issues - as you had - always you need to be careful what you are doing. For me, your case is hopeless, but you can fix it, if you are lucky.

MeO123

Commendable
Oct 28, 2019
You need to be more specified. CSGO crashed and shows any error messages? Any BSOD's? Check option on steam "Verify Integrity of Game Files" to check any missing files. Also try sfc /scannow .

Downclocking CPU wasn't smart idea after ensuring if your system is stable...

fuzzx

Prominent
May 29, 2018
You need to be more specified. CSGO crashed and shows any error messages? Any BSOD's? Check option on steam "Verify Integrity of Game Files" to check any missing files. Also try sfc /scannow .

ugh no, no errors, just freezed screen of the game, couldnt ant f4 or open task manager

Downclocking CPU wasn't smart idea after ensuring if your system is stable...
why it weasnt "smart idea" im completly new into this.

MeO123

Commendable
Oct 28, 2019
Well, simply because it's stock clock for you CPU so it safe to running it that way. Downclocking CPU it's just cutting your CPU performance, altrought it's safe also, but it will drop your frame rate in CS:GO very much.

fuzzx

Prominent
May 29, 2018
Well, simply because it's stock clock for you CPU so it safe to running it that way. Downclocking CPU it's just cutting your CPU performance, altrought it's safe also, but it will drop your frame rate in CS:GO very much.
My base clock is 3.2ghz, I OC it @4.05/4.1 ghz and downcloked at the stock 3.2ghz. now i will trying to push it back up to 4ghz but why my game was crashing, dunno kmnow

MeO123

Commendable
Oct 28, 2019
Well, that's why you need to be more precise, because we didn't know your base clock was 3.2. It should be fine, but remember, when you are overclocking CPU but you are "new into this" you could end up with : fried CPU, crashes in games, BSOD's, system corruption. And also try not to PUSH BACK UP your CPU to 4.1, first try 3,5 or less, you need to simply check your CPU behaviour. Try also first read overclocking guide.

I will try to help you, but now I am dealing with my problem, stay tunned.
Also try to google your problem and try basic fixes,

fuzzx

Prominent
May 29, 2018
I will try to help you, but now I am dealing with my problem, stay tunned.
Also try to google your problem and try basic fixes,
Thank you

what would you reccomend me for overclock? im gamer, i want to stream playing siege, csgo and now i want to play new modern warfare. my rig is 1070Ti founders edition (oc), rams are hyperx fury rgb (hynix) 2666 oc at 2933mhz BUT i will return them, and get crucial ballistix because i want atleast e.die chip so i can oc them for 3400/3600mhz. my Motherboard is ASrock B450M Steel legend, and my PSU is Seasonic M12II bronze evo 520W (from my older rig but still one year new. but i will buy evga 750w psu)

and again, thank you Sir

MeO123

Commendable
Oct 28, 2019
Hello, @fuzzx !

First, you need to understand, first you need to check if you CAN handle overclock. Like If you are new to this, are you sure you can understand all the basics of overclocking? You can damage your computer if you will do any sort of mistake at this point. Your first mistake was going all the way from 3,2 to 4,1. I don't know if you are already damaged your CPU since you have problems playing CS:GO.

Do you have good cooler for CPU?
Did you tried reinstall csgo all again? Or even reinstall Steam?
The same problem happens on other games?

fuzzx

Prominent
May 29, 2018
@MeO123 oh yeah i have good coller, the stock one. people hit 4.1ghz without any problem with that coller.
why is it bad to go straight up at 4.1ghz? people on youtube tech channels when they are overeclocking new build, they are oc it at max. also i dont think its damaged.

MeO123

Commendable
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @fuzzx !

First thing - try to answer my all questions before posting.

Second - What to say it... Having a stock cooler isn't good thing. It's basically garbage. Ryzen's CPU are famous of having very high temperatures (probably changed with Ryzen 7) but you overclocked it - so based on that, I can already say, you watched wrong youtube videos... never, NEVER overclock with stock cooler.

(Stock cooler - It's cooler that AMD provides with processor)

This is bad simply because you cannot check integrity issues - as you had - always you need to be careful what you are doing. For me, your case is hopeless, but you can fix it, if you are lucky.

Solution