Question My PC freezing randomly during gaming and I have to hard restart it.

Aug 25, 2020
Hello everyone! I've been having this issue ever since I upgraded my PC, the specs I have are supposed to be great, but I'm facing this random freeze every now and then and the past couple of days I can't even start a game for more than 2 mins without it crashing! I've tried everything, stress test, and all the other suggested things, even made sure the PCIe are plugged in properly and here are the specs.

MotherBoard : Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX iChill GTX 1080 Ti X3 Ultra 11GB
RAM : VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
Monitor : Samsung QLED 27' curved 144Hz C27FG7x

Last thing I didn't do yet and I'm gonna do it tomorrow is to have 2 cables from my PSU to my GPU separately since it's a suggestion from someone.

Anyone has faced such issue and got to solve it? is my GPU going faulty or something?

Aug 25, 2020
I'm using windows 10, and I did fresh install 3 times, my hardware are all up to date, and the temperature is reasonable, doesn't pass 72 at max performance and high usage.

I'm using windows 10, and I did fresh install 3 times, my hardware are all up to date, and the temperature is reasonable, doesn't pass 72 at max performance and high usage.
Installed motherboard chipset drivers and GPU drivers?

There is something you did not put in your specs that could be the issue. Your Power Supply. What is it? Brand and model.

Aug 25, 2020
Well as I was replying to you earlier it froze on me since I started a game in the background, my PSU is coolermaster 750W. and yes I did update everything I even updated my bios.. it's actually sad that my older PC running perfectly fine with better performance than this one.

Well as I was replying to you earlier it froze on me since I started a game in the background, my PSU is coolermaster 750W. and yes I did update everything I even updated my bios.. it's actually sad that my older PC running perfectly fine with better performance than this one.
You're using 4 sticks of RAM. Are they running at 3200MHz? You using XMP profile to 3200MHz? Try running them at 2933Mhz instead of 3200MHz. Since you're using 4 sticks it put more strain on the memory controller and sometime it's impossible to get the advertised speed without issue when using 4 sticks. Try running your RAM a little bit slower to see if the crashes stop.

Aug 25, 2020
You're using 4 sticks of RAM. Are they running at 3200MHz? You using XMP profile to 3200MHz? Try running them at 2933Mhz instead of 3200MHz. Since you're using 4 sticks it put more strain on the memory controller and sometime it's impossible to get the advertised speed without issue when using 4 sticks. Try running your RAM a little bit slower to see if the crashes stop.
I will try this now and see if it helps, I tried disabling it and issue still the same, so I'll go to 2933 as you said and give it a go.

Aug 25, 2020
Well I couldn't change the xmp I'm not familiar with that stuff so I haven't done it before, is there a way of doing it or any video tutorial for that? I tried but it doesn't show my specific M.B.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS