[SOLVED] My PC freezing randomly during gaming and I have to hard restart it.

Aug 25, 2020
Hello everyone! I've been having this issue ever since I upgraded my PC, the specs I have are supposed to be great, but I'm facing this random freeze every now and then and the past couple of days I can't even start a game for more than 2 mins without it crashing! I've tried everything, stress test, and all the other suggested things, even made sure the PCIe are plugged in properly and here are the specs.

MotherBoard : Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX iChill GTX 1080 Ti X3 Ultra 11GB
RAM : VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
Monitor : Samsung QLED 27' curved 144Hz C27FG7x

Last thing I didn't do yet and I'm gonna do it tomorrow is to have 2 cables from my PSU to my GPU separately since it's a suggestion from someone.

Anyone has faced such issue and got to solve it? is my GPU going faulty or something?

Solution
Well as I was replying to you earlier it froze on me since I started a game in the background, my PSU is coolermaster 750W. and yes I did update everything I even updated my bios.. it's actually sad that my older PC running perfectly fine with better performance than this one.

You're using 4 sticks of RAM. Are they running at 3200MHz? You using XMP profile to 3200MHz? Try running them at 2933Mhz instead of 3200MHz. Since you're using 4 sticks it put more strain on the memory controller and sometime it's impossible to get the advertised speed without issue when using 4 sticks. Try running your RAM a little bit slower to see if the crashes stop.
Aug 25, 2020
I'm using windows 10, and I did fresh install 3 times, my hardware are all up to date, and the temperature is reasonable, doesn't pass 72 at max performance and high usage.

Aug 25, 2020
Well as I was replying to you earlier it froze on me since I started a game in the background, my PSU is coolermaster 750W. and yes I did update everything I even updated my bios.. it's actually sad that my older PC running perfectly fine with better performance than this one.

You're using 4 sticks of RAM. Are they running at 3200MHz? You using XMP profile to 3200MHz? Try running them at 2933Mhz instead of 3200MHz. Since you're using 4 sticks it put more strain on the memory controller and sometime it's impossible to get the advertised speed without issue when using 4 sticks. Try running your RAM a little bit slower to see if the crashes stop.

Solution
Aug 25, 2020
I will try this now and see if it helps, I tried disabling it and issue still the same, so I'll go to 2933 as you said and give it a go.

Aug 25, 2020
Well I couldn't change the xmp I'm not familiar with that stuff so I haven't done it before, is there a way of doing it or any video tutorial for that? I tried but it doesn't show my specific M.B.