[SOLVED] My pc frequently restarts.

Mar 28, 2019
Hi guys!
So I'm facing this complex problem with my pc for a few years now.
It might sound simple: the PC automatically restarts! When? It might be any time! Is there any pattern? No, no fucking pattern, which freaks me out the most!
Sometimes, it might not restart for 2-3 days, sometimes it restarts continuously, I can't even unlock my PC! Does it have any relation with the level of activity? No. Sometimes it doesn't restart with multiple apps running including high end games, and sometimes it restarts just after turning on the PC.
Previously the problem wasn't so severe. It would restart time to time within operation, and I made peace with it. But in recent times it seems to be much more frequent.
I have taken it to several repair shops (3 to be exact) and none of them could identify the actual problem nor provide me any solution. Due to the complex nature of the problem it was difficult for them too. Cause you don't know when the PC will restart, and if you have made any changes, you can't check the result right away, and you can't keep an eye on the PC all the time, it might have restarted while you were away and you wouldn't know (well I won't say there wasn't any lack of ownership in them for this, but the bottom line is it didn't work out and I was back to square one).
I have changed my ram, processor and motherboard (for a separate reason) but the problem is still there.
So now the possible culprits are: the PSU or the GPU.
Now before losing any more time/money, I want to be sure where is the actual problem.
Ow btw, the restarting problem seems to occur more in day time. And i use an HDMI cable to connect the monitor.
Now Is there any kind soul who can help me out? I am in dying need of help! 😭😭😭
My PC current config:

Processor:Core i5 4570 4th gen
Motherboard: Gigabyte sniper G1 B5
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X
RAM: G.skill 8GB DDR3
PSU: Thermaltake 630W
HDD: toshiba 1TB & WD 3TB

Solution
In addition to the above post, keep in mind it could be on the software level too. If windows files are corrupt it could cause a variety of issues, and restarting could be among them. Before you go out and buy any more new components, take a few minutes to run a file system scan to figure out if Windows is at all corrupt.

Open an administrator level command prompt and type: "sfc /scannow" without quotes to run the scan.

If the PC EVER restarts during POST, I would consider your PSU faulty and get a power supply from a reputable seller so you don't have any more issues.
In addition to the above post, keep in mind it could be on the software level too. If windows files are corrupt it could cause a variety of issues, and restarting could be among them. Before you go out and buy any more new components, take a few minutes to run a file system scan to figure out if Windows is at all corrupt.

Open an administrator level command prompt and type: "sfc /scannow" without quotes to run the scan.

If the PC EVER restarts during POST, I would consider your PSU faulty and get a power supply from a reputable seller so you don't have any more issues.

Solution
Mar 28, 2019

Hi @prince_xaine , Yes, I have given windows setup several times after the problem started, so would cross it off. And thanks for suggestion, i will try it and update.