[SOLVED] My PC froze and made buzzing noise ?

Jan 13, 2021
i was playing League of legends when all of the sudden my pc froze completely along with high pitched buzzing noise, which caused me to forcefully shut down my PC.
When i looked around the event logs i found this error right before the shutdown:

<the following was Google-tramslated by moderator>

Name of the faulty application nvcontainer.exe , version : 1.33.2988.2648, timestamp : 0x6082bd2b
Name of the faulty module : ntdll.dll, version : 10.0.19041.1081, timestamp : 0x088bf621
Exception code : 0xc000041d
Error offset : 0x000000000002faad
ID of the failed process : 0xd98
Start time of the faulty application : 0x01d78b0d4f41748c
Path of the failed application : C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\nvcontainer.exe
Faulty module path : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID : f892b9b1-4b11-475b-a9b5-168708bc1fa7
Full name of the failed package :
the source being application error and the ID is 1000.

as for my specs :
Asus Z270P
GTX 1660S
I5-6400
RAM 2X4GB 2400mhz
PSU corsair 550W gold.

Solution
And I will add the suggestion that you manually uninstall and reinstall the nvidia drivers via nvidia's website.

No third party tools/utilities (e.g., DDU) that you really do not have full control over or can really know what they are actually doing.

If you do the driver installation yourself, you should be able to see more about what is being done, what is happening, and if any problems arise.

And you make the install choices if and as circumstances require.
Try to uninstall nvidia driver using DDU, and update the motherboard bios, then install the latest nvidia driver.
Also do you have any hardware monitoring apps? sometimes closing them could help for the pc not getting a crash, well afaik my pc always crash if i play Forza Horizon 4 if Afterburner + Rivatuner and HWInfo (everything that is connected to hardware monitoring) is on, i close them, and crash begone.

Ralston18

Titan
And I will add the suggestion that you manually uninstall and reinstall the nvidia drivers via nvidia's website.

No third party tools/utilities (e.g., DDU) that you really do not have full control over or can really know what they are actually doing.

If you do the driver installation yourself, you should be able to see more about what is being done, what is happening, and if any problems arise.

And you make the install choices if and as circumstances require.

Reactions: SaintLazarus
Solution
Jan 13, 2021
i should also let you know whats bizarre is i ran a stress test using heaven benchmark in order to create the same settings and i haven't crashed.
why i wonder ?

Ralston18

Titan
Not bizarre in my mind.

Consider: If a stress test of any sort just leads to a system crash then that stress test is not very useful.

The stress test must be able to provide some sort of incremental read outs in order to observe quantifiable values as they step or otherwise increase to a value at which the crash occurs.

And the stress test may not be actually stressing the root cause of the crashes.

The translated results above (Post #1) indicate to me a problem with the drivers.

Does the stress test actually involve or otherwise test the drivers?

Noted:

Path of the failed application : C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\nvcontainer.exe

Take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing relevant error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the times of the freezing and noises.

Could be simply some corrupted files: try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Reactions: SaintLazarus
Jan 13, 2021
Not bizarre in my mind.

Consider: If a stress test of any sort just leads to a system crash then that stress test is not very useful.

The stress test must be able to provide some sort of incremental read outs in order to observe quantifiable values as they step or otherwise increase to a value at which the crash occurs.

And the stress test may not be actually stressing the root cause of the crashes.

The translated results above (Post #1) indicate to me a problem with the drivers.

Does the stress test actually involve or otherwise test the drivers?

Noted:

Take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing relevant error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the times of the freezing and noises.

Could be simply some corrupted files: try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs
as of now i did an uninstall/reinstall of the drivers using DDU and NVclean install to remove any of the bloat ware plus i'm going to do the scannnow and DISM and i'm hoping this problem is fixed.

TRENDING THREADS