[SOLVED] My pc gets black screen on startup while my GPU is plugged in

Nov 15, 2021
When i start my pc with my gpu plugged in everything lights up gpu fans spinns for 2-3 second then stop spinning. My screen are completly black and not even booting in to bios. When i dissconect my gpu the pc starts normally I've had the same part for acouple of years and its worked then so its not any new parts who are making it not work. The GPU is a asus strix gtx 1080

Spec:

PSU: corsair cx750
CPU: intel i7 6700k
RAM: 16gb 1 stick
MOTHERBOARD: gigabyte ga-z170-gaming k3

Solution
I know this is a weird one, but have you tried using a genuinely VESA compliant cable?

My new video card was fine for a couple of weeks, then started doing a black screen thing, which would sometimes clear if I unplugged the cable, and reinserted it. I'd used this cable for a couple of years, prior.

Ultimately, a new cable fixed it for good.

BeedooX

Reputable
Apr 27, 2020
I know this is a weird one, but have you tried using a genuinely VESA compliant cable?

My new video card was fine for a couple of weeks, then started doing a black screen thing, which would sometimes clear if I unplugged the cable, and reinserted it. I'd used this cable for a couple of years, prior.

Solution
Nov 15, 2021

I don't think is the cable because it works on the motherboard when the gpu is not plugged in. I tried my friends graphics card in my system and i had the same problem. When it first happend i plugged in the monitor cable to the MOBO and it worked but my GPU was not recognized by the system. And now when i try to start my pc with gpu plugged in i have monitor calbles connected to my MOBO but its still only black.

TRENDING THREADS