Question My pc gets hot where my cpu is placed

Dec 30, 2019
So when i am browsing the web my cpu temps are 40 to 50 degreese and when i play games like Fortnite it gets to 85 my cpu is ryzen 5 2600x with stock cooler and stock speeds i also have a Raidmax Neon case with one 80mm on the back with 2200rpm. And my case gets hot where my cpu is but my gpu is fine i think i have about 60 to 50 when i game on a rx 580 8gb sapphire nitro plus.
But when i open my case the temps are more stable i think when i game my cpu is about 60 and 50...

If you can help me i would be really greatful.
Thank you!

Hi Zikaa,
If this is your case https://www.raidmax.com/product_d.php?lang=en&tb=1&id=195, then it should have 3 120mm coolers on the front, right?

The problem with those 3 fans is that they get suffocated by the really close front acrylic panel. Because of that they can't really bring much air inside.
One solution to this is to move the fans to the front interior frame of the case (unplug 1 fan at the time, remove the screws, and install the fan on the other side of the front interior frame and screw it back). That way they can get around ~25mm extra space betwen them and the front acrylic panel.
Now, I think you wont be able to move the bottom fan to the interior frame, if thats the case I would just remove it, so the air can get a clear path to the middle and upper fans. Now you could put the 120mm bottom fan you removed to the back of the case (replacing he 80mm one) and, if you like, put the 80mm one on the top.
Keep in mind that the front fans should be bringing fresh air in, while the back and top case fans should be removing the air to the outside.

Like this: https://img.staticbg.com/images/oau...B/9C/823a6d45-b925-4d32-b266-cccf870b4c34.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies! I will try this tomorrow and notify you

np, I have a cougar turret case and the front fans were really close to the front panel, to the point that one of them (middle one) was only working at ~850rpms MAX. So by moving them to the interior side of the frame were they came installed, that same fan finally got up to the advertised 1200rpms. I guess it was choking really bad

Dec 30, 2019
Hello.
So i removed the front plastic panel and i closed the side panels but the temps of my cpu are between 67 and 70 when playing games and my 68 and 72
It improved my temps but they are still not what they should be
Any other ideas?
Thanks!

With the case closed and the front panel removed, 72°C as max temp while playing games, with the stock cooler is not bad at all.
The only thing you I believe you can try at this point is move the front fans as I suggest it in my previous post, and if you can afford it, get a better cooler for your CPU.

Not sure whats your room temp but keep in mind that air coolers work with the air around, if you live in a warm place and its warm in your room then cpu temps will be higher.

Cheers