[SOLVED] My pc goes into an infinite boot loop after i tried getting ram to run at rated speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2020
I bought Ballistix 2x8 3200 ram and installed it and it booted, but i noticed it was running at speeds of 2400, so i looked it up and enabled XMP and set the ram to 3200 and now when i booted it, it turns on for 5-20 seconds before shutting down and then rebooting and this cycle continues. Does anyone have a fix?

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Mobo: Asrock Ab350m
Ram: Ballistix 2x8 3200
GPU: RTX 2060
PSU: Evga 450 B3 (Note: my pc's total tdp is far under 450)

May 6, 2020
take the ram out and reseat them
I tried this a bunch of times both in conjunction with reseting my bios by taking the CMOS battery out and resetting the ram with it out and with it in after the reset, and just reseating the ram sticks, both in the original order, and switching the order and it still loops while booting up

Run it at rated spec. If it is indeed 2x8GB of single rank 8GB sticks, then run it at 2666MT/s. If you want to overclock, then learn about overclocking, and that not all memory controllers are created equal. But certainly learning how to clear your CMOS is the first lesson, and skipping that one gets you where you are now. Memory overclocking on Ryzen 1st generation platform is rewarding if done right, but it could take a novice weeks to learn properly.

May 6, 2020
Run it at rated spec. If it is indeed 2x8GB of single rank 8GB sticks, then run it at 2666MT/s. If you want to overclock, then learn about overclocking, and that not all memory controllers are created equal. But certainly learning how to clear your CMOS is the first lesson, and skipping that one gets you where you are now. Memory overclocking on Ryzen 1st generation platform is rewarding if done right, but it could take a novice weeks to learn properly.
I can't boot into my bios, if it is corrupted as you said it may be in your reply, the common fix seems to be removing the cmos battery which i've already tried, could there be something else wrong with it?

May 6, 2020
ok actually follow up, it booted successfully after i reseated the ram sticks again, i dont know what i did differently, but it booted into the bios where i saw the ram speeds were already reset back to 2400, but i turned xmp back on because thats how it was in the the beginning when it didnt have problems, and now its back into the boot loop.

May 6, 2020
ok final follow up hopefully, I got into the bios again after taking the cmos battery out and putting back in again, and it resetted, I still dont know what i did to fix it but it had to do with the battery and the ram, it's running at 2400mhz which is unfortunate but at least it works. Thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.