Question My pc goes to a black screen for a split second, says no signal and then restarts... how do i fix?

Jan 3, 2023
ABS Challenger Gaming PC – Intel i5 12400F - GeForce RTX 3050 - 16GB DDR4 3200MHz – 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
I currently have 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz in my computer with XMP off, I had overclocked my pc but then I deleted MSI afterburner and the kombuster off my pc. I restarted my pc, reseated my ram and gpu and nothing happened. I used the DDU and still nothing fixed this error. How can I fix this error?

THE ERROR: I would play gta 5 or even watch videos for a certain time then boom I can still hear everything for around 5-15 seconds and my 3 monitors says "no signal" remind you my pc is still on because my led fans are moving but then it restarts a coupke minutes later. What could I do or use to fix this? I also don't know where to go see error messages.
I have 3 Monitors and 32 Gb Ram as of now in my PC.
Processor Intel Core i5-12400F 2.50 GHz
Processor Main Features 64 bit 6-Core 12-Thread Processor
Cache Per Processor 18 MB L3 Cache
Memory 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz (2 x 8 GB)
Storage 512 GB M.2 NVMe SSD
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 8 GB (Brand May Vary)
Power Supply600W 80 Plus Gold
CaseRosewill Zircon I
Cooling SystemCPU Cooler: RGB CPU Cooler
Case Fan: 1 x 120mm front fan, 1 x 120mm rear RGB fan
Operating System Windows 11 Home 64-bit
Motherboard
Chipset Intel B660
CPU
CPU Type Intel Core i5 12th Gen
CPU Speed 12400F (2.50GHz)
L3 Cache Per CPU 18 MB
CPU Main Features64 bit 6-Core 12-Thread Processor
Graphics
GPU/VGA Type NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050
Video Memory8 GB GDDR6
Virtual Reality ReadyYes
Memory
Memory Capacity 16GB DDR4
Memory Speed DDR4 3200
Memory Spec8 GB x 2
Storage
SSD 512 GB PCIe
HDDNo

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

I currently have 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz in my computer with XMP off,
You might want to see if enabling X.M.P in BIOS helps alleviate the issue. Speaking of which, there's no mention of the make and model of your motherboard apart from it's chipset that the board is based off of. Please use CPU-Z and take a screenshot of what you see shown on the Mainboard tab.

Can you take the side panel off and see what the sticker on the PSU says...?

Jan 3, 2023
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

I currently have 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz in my computer with XMP off,
You might want to see if enabling X.M.P in BIOS helps alleviate the issue. Speaking of which, there's no mention of the make and model of your motherboard apart from it's chipset that the board is based off of. Please use CPU-Z and take a screenshot of what you see shown on the Mainboard tab.

Can you take the side panel off and see what the sticker on the PSU says...?
image.png
I had the XMP on at a point and time and It was doing the same thing.
  • PSU: 550W 80 Plus Gold

Lutfij

Titan
PSU: 550W 80 Plus Gold
550W is the advertised wattage of the unit, while 80 plus Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. Can you please pass on a picture of the stickered side of the unit or can you tell what the brand and model of the unit is?

Furthermore, you said this in your initial post;
600W 80 Plus Gold
but you're seeing 550W instead?

image.png

You have BIOS updates pending.

Jan 3, 2023
550W is the advertised wattage of the unit, while 80 plus Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. Can you please pass on a picture of the stickered side of the unit or can you tell what the brand and model of the unit is?

600W 80 Plus Gold

image.png

I just updated it i am going to try to game and see if it does what it has recently been doing.

Jan 3, 2023

600W 80 Plus Gold

image.png

So I did a stream and played a game on stream then boom Black screen and my pc stayed on but I couldn’t hear or see anything.

zayman

Prominent
Oct 30, 2021
This error really seems like a power supply/GPU issue honestly, can you double check what wattage your PSU says on the side like Luftij said above?
When i upgraded to a 3080 but kept a 700 watt PSU, this is the exact same thing that would happen to me everytime I would put load on my graphics card.