Question My PC got shaken by an earthquake then crashed and stopped working what do I do?

VexTheBoi

Commendable
May 12, 2019
It was late last night and I was playing games, there was a small earthquake and my PC shook a little. It then crashed and when I tried starting it up the fans started up and the lights were going but after less then 5 seconds it stopped then a second later it tried starting up and failed again and again when I tried to stop it I couldn't and had to cut the power. I've looked inside it and all the cords seem to be plugged in correctly but it still doesn't work. The monitors don't load up either when I try start it. I don't know what to do??

Completely remove/unplug power from the rear of the case, take off the case's side cover, and reseat GPU, it's external power connector(s), and check security of main 24 pin power connector to mainboard....; also check security of all drive power connectors, and, security of all connectors plugged into PSU (if a PSU using modular cables)

D

Deleted member 14196

During earthquake I’m sure it’s possible to have electrical overload as well but maybe the hard drive just got destroyed

Use the Microsoft windows media creation tool to create a windows 10 USB and book from that and try to repair windows

Reactions: iMatty

VexTheBoi

Commendable
May 12, 2019
Completely remove/unplug power from the rear of the case, take off the case's side cover, and reseat GPU, it's external power connector(s), and check security of main 24 pin power connector to mainboard....; also check security of all drive power connectors, and, security of all connectors plugged into PSU (if a PSU using modular cables)
Do you think this is the best option, as this is a pre built, it still has a warranty on it and I was wondering whether I should just do that rather than opening it up further which may discontinue the warranty

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well it is really stupid that they wouldn't cover a damage that happened by nature it is something outside our hands we know nothing about when and where the earth quick/storm will happen.
But none the less, try with the warranty, didn't work take it to a local shop and fix it as people suggested.

Well it is really stupid that they wouldn't cover a damage that happened by nature it is something outside our hands we know nothing about when and where the earth quick/storm will happen.
But none the less, try with the warranty, didn't work take it to a local shop and fix it as people suggested.
I agree try it. However a warranty is there to cover premature failure under normal operating circumstances, this is what the OEM has control over. An outside act which the OEM has no control over like being shaken or electrical damage by an earthquake is not normal operating circumstances. This is where insurance is normally used.

VexTheBoi

Commendable
May 12, 2019
A warranty is unlikely to cover damage caused by an earthquake. Try it first but I wouldn’t expect them to cover it. If the pc is damaged I’d expect this is either an insurance issue or fix it yourself.
While searching the pc for unplugged cables I did find one of the screws was missing, a part that I had not touched