Question My PC has a fresh windows 10 install and stripped down all the Hardware to the minimum needed to run and still get BSOD

gooru11

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Hello everyone,

I am a seasoned experienced tech so I have tried all the regular things I am pretty sure it is some hardware issue I just can not figure out where. Here are my specs

AMD FX 9200 series black edition processor 8 core
16 gig of DDR ram
1 tb blue HP hard drive
2 tb green hp hard drive
WI FI and bluetooth wireless module
1000 watt PS shark
GE force 1060 gtx 3 gig

Keep in mind I had just the hard drive mother board processor ram keyboard and mouse when I installed windows

when it freezes or BSOD me it is as windows loads it never makes it to desktop.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Let's start by an exact, detailed list of specs.

Exact *what* CPU do you have? There's no FX 9200.
Exactly *what* model motherboard and RAM do you have? You made no reference to motherboard and only told us an amount of RAM.
What's the exact model of PSU? An offbrand like this is rather scary.

What is the history of this build? Is it something that you slapped together just now? If so, where did you obtain the parts and verify they're working? If it's working for a while, what was the reason you installed Windows 10? What did the BSoD say? Did you try only one hard drive? After all, you should only have the OS drive installed when you install Windows anyway.

Definitely need a lot more details.

gooru11

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Let's start by an exact, detailed list of specs.

Exact *what* CPU do you have? There's no FX 9200.
Exactly *what* model motherboard and RAM do you have? You made no reference to motherboard and only told us an amount of RAM.
What's the exact model of PSU? An offbrand like this is rather scary.

What is the history of this build? Is it something that you slapped together just now? If so, where did you obtain the parts and verify they're working? If it's working for a while, what was the reason you installed Windows 10? What did the BSoD say? Did you try only one hard drive? After all, you should only have the OS drive installed when you install Windows anyway.

Definitely need a lot more details.
i am sorry but some of the info I cant get the computer will not stay on so the processor I would have to pull off the water cooling system for the cpu. It is an FX maybe 9800 series I cant remember exactly.

Here is some more info
PSU is a SHARK model atx-1000-n12s APFC
ram is 2x 8 gig DDR3 adata brand

Motherboard Here is some features it has because I cant see the model number without taking a bunch of stuff out.
Gigabyte SLI, Ultra Durable, HT 30, Dual bios, 2x copper PCB. AM3+, core boost.This used to be a bit coin mining PC so it wasnt just slapped together persay. Ever since I got it, it has randomly just shut off but back then it did it like once a week. I did some research and figured that the 700 watt PSU was not putting enough power at times so I replaced it with 1000 watt. Ran good for a couple weeks then started putting BSOD a couple times a day. I went through and made sure drivers were good no updates needed.

Right now it has 1 hard drive attached none of the DVD ROMS I installed it fresh haven't even been able to update nothing

I hope that is enough info