Question My pc has a memory/PSU error?

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hi, I'll try to explain myself as good as I can.

I have my actual setup: i5-6500 / GTX 970 / 8GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX / Asus H170M-Plus / PSU Antec HCG 520w

And I adquired this new setup: i5-8600k / Gigabyte z390 UD / PSU EVGA 650 BQ (650w) / 16GB RAM Corsair (cmk16gx4m2b3200c16)

So yesterday I tried to install the new setup but it didnt work (I could only use the pc on bios because the PC freezed everytime after the bios logo and I had 5 beeps from speaker) so a friend told me to try the i5-6500 on the z390 because, you know... it fits, only to try and discard it it's a CPU problem. Finally it was a MOTHERBOARD problem: it has a few bent pins so I started a RMA.

Okay, in the meantime I decided to use the 16GB of ram on my actual setup but the PC started to do weird things, first, when I turned on the PC it appeared this message: "A7 me fw downgrade request mespilock failed" and the PC took longer to start, looking on Google it seems to be a BIOS problem but everything I tried to fix up this message it didn't work, then the PC started to freeze randomly and I even got a BSOD (Memory management error) so I passed a MEMTest and it has 0 errors.

Okay so then I decided to go back to my old ram, now I'm with my old 8GB ram and the weird message disspeared so I thought it was the new ram but then the PC freezed again while I was playing and after restarting it the monitor has no signal. I had to change the memory from slot to slot and now it works but I think that there is a problem and I don't know what do to.

PS: I passed a MEMTest on my old ram and 0 errors.