Question My PC has all the specs but Warzone still lags ?

Nov 6, 2020
My PC has all the specs but Warzone still lags. I've tried everything I read and I can't get it figured out. Any help from someone who knows more than I do?

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.60 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB
64 bit 8-Core 16-Thread Processor

DannyT_

Honorable
Aug 10, 2017
Does it happen on any other game or just warzone?
Make sure all drivers are up to date on Geforce Experience.
(I would say reinstall the game but I know that game is HUGE so it would take a long amount of time)

Once the above is done next try this:

Go to: Documents > Call of Duty Modern Warfare> players
Edit the adv.options file with notepad or notepad++
version = 1
VideoMemoryScale = 0.55
RendererWorkerCount = x (where the x is the number of logical cores in your processor)
ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 1

You have the same CPU as me at this time, so the value for RendererWorkerCount should be set to 8, to make use of all ur cores.
Let me know if this helps :)

Reactions: Phaaze88
Nov 6, 2020
I will try reinstalling it. All drivers are up to date. If reinstalling doesn't work ill try amd change the other stuff you said. Im not very good with navigating through this pc im new to all of this

DannyT_

Honorable
Aug 10, 2017
I will try reinstalling it. All drivers are up to date. If reinstalling doesn't work ill try amd change the other stuff you said. Im not very good with navigating through this pc im new to all of this

I would refrain from reinstalling, before trying the small fixes. (Just because it takes a long time and only fixes the problem about 20% of the time)
Don't worry if you are new to fixing these small issues, happens a lot on PC and you become used to it over time.
Can walk you through the steps to check your adv.options file if you need to, they're fairly simple.

DannyT_

Honorable
Aug 10, 2017
Do you have discord? Will you be available in an hour or so to help me with that?
I am not at my PC at the moment, currently typing on my phone. But I will give you a full walkthrough on here start to finish.
If you don't feel comfortable doing it thats fine but heres the full steps:

1. Click on Start.
  2. Select Documents in the side bar.
  3. Click on Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
  4. Click on players
  5. right click on the "adv_options" file.
  6. click edit
  7. (At this point check what the RendererWorkerCount value is set to in that file)
  8. If it isnt already set to 8, delete the value that is there, and type 8 in its place.
  9. Press CTRL + S to save the file.
  10. Reboot the game and see if it works.

Again any trouble i can help you out.

DannyT_

Honorable
Aug 10, 2017
Only call of duty.
That makes things much easier to find the issue.
It could be to do with Hard Drive paging for the game, there has been a thread on this before. I will link it here.

DannyT_

Honorable
Aug 10, 2017
Nov 6, 2020
I did everything in that video and now my graphics in warzone look terrible. There was so much changed on stuff other then warzone im not sure what it all goes back too. Idk what else to do I've only made things worse lol this pc is about to be out the window