Jun 21, 2022
Hi everybody,

I am seeking for some Support.

Everything was fine a few Days ago as usual. All of a Sudden I noticed that the Start Up takes AGES when it normally took 1min or less to be in Windows - now around 3-5min.
Opening up Folders or anything really takes 10seconds (even folders with nothing inside takes around 5+ seconds)
Even while writing this text and deleting sometimes typos it sometimes decides to slowdown or "lag" like its weird.

So i checked if my RAM is having an Issue and my pc maybe not recognizing it properly - not the Case 16gb we good.
Task Manager - New Task - dxdiag checking for gpu - checking newest update - we good. checking my cpu we good there too.
so then since i noticed the startup of my pc alone is making trouble - i connected that automatically with my SSD.

I had 1SSD & 3HDD (HDD just used as a Storage)

I installed CrystalDisk and seen on 2 of those HDD's (one was red - the other one was yellow) so i got rid of both of them.
My SSD (where windows obviously is on) says "Good" but 30% ... Sorry but 30% does not sound "GOOD" to me like what on earth :D ?

OR I am just very bad at Reading how that Software is working. Just lookin at the List confuses me alot.

Anything I do on my PC is slow as Hell and this is horrible just the general usage is just horrible.
Opening Task manager takes me 10seconds like its loading and loading thats just not normal... normally its in 1second as soon as i click it.

Please Help. What can I do?

CPU: AMD FX - 8350
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Founders Edition (6gb)
16gb RAM

SSD Result: https://ibb.co/QfD5yDV
HDD Result: https://ibb.co/r6BDBH9

Thank You in advance.

I don't see anything of concern in those 2 pictures.

Your SSD has been used the equivalent of 10 hours per day for 9.3 years and has written 54 TB in that time. About 6 TB per year. Totally ordinary.

The 30 percent figure means very little.

Not sure about your problem, but the drives appear in good health.

I'd be more inclined to look in Task Manager to see what processes are using the CPU and RAM. Maybe look at what is loading at startup. Maybe do a virus/malware scan. Look at drive activity.

Jun 21, 2022
I don't see anything of concern in those 2 pictures.

Your SSD has been used the equivalent of 10 hours per day for 9.3 years and has written 54 TB in that time. About 6 TB per year. Totally ordinary.

The 30 percent figure means very little.

Not sure about your problem, but the drives appear in good health.

I'd be more inclined to look in Task Manager to see what processes are using the CPU and RAM. Maybe look at what is loading at startup. Maybe do a virus/malware scan. Look at drive activity.

So the Drives show no issues ? That is very very weird to me indeed now.

so I reinstalled Windows10 on my PC just earlier today - however this issue was before reinstalling too! so nothing changed.

Right now i am still doing these damn Windows Updates which normally took me not more then 10minutes for all of them ( collectively) - Now i am on a single update for 2Hours... "feature Update to Windows10 version, 20H2" <--- 2hours for this single one its crazy.

I made some shots of Task Manager maybe you can find something out the ordinary.
In StartUp is there a way for me to check exactly what is opening or running while it does a start up ? Cause the only things i can see that is starting up is Steam, Spotify, Realtek Audio Manager, Windows Security (since i reinstalled my windows there is barely anything available)

Picture One: https://ibb.co/wR5cRc0
Picture Two: https://ibb.co/2W5GQk2
Picture Three: https://ibb.co/hC6gxsN

Hope this can give anyone some kind of Info. I really tried a lot of things and tried to look and find something out the ordinary. the only thing was for me my SSD - but if my SSD seems to be good... what is causing this Problem :(

Jun 21, 2022
PS: Picture Two looks suspicious and weird to me.

"Speed": 0.78Ghz permanently
L1 Cache 384kb
L2 Cache 8.0mb
L3 Cache 8.0mb

am I imagining things now or does that look Off

jasonf2

Distinguished
Typically hardware failure causes BSOD, not slow down. The exception to this is thermal throttling issues. The first thing I would do is run a full antivirus scan and malware scan. Then I would check taskmanager and make sure that some program, like an antivirus, isn't taking up a large portion of CPU utilization. If an AV goes crazy it can make a computer crawl. If all of that checks out I would verify thermals on CPU and GPU. If any are running high I would check cooling fans and/or AIO pump if applicable. As a point reference thermal throttling doesn't usually kick in until around the 80-83 Celsius range. Anything below that under load is ok. At idle 30-55 is pretty typical. Your FX chip doesn't have really great IPC compared with modern core setups so comparing it with current gen responsiveness it is going to be a little laggy out of box anyways.

Jun 21, 2022
Typically hardware failure causes BSOD, not slow down. The exception to this is thermal throttling issues. The first thing I would do is run a full antivirus scan and malware scan. Then I would check taskmanager and make sure that some program, like an antivirus, isn't taking up a large portion of CPU utilization. If an AV goes crazy it can make a computer crawl. If all of that checks out I would verify thermals on CPU and GPU. If any are running high I would check cooling fans and/or AIO pump if applicable. As a point reference thermal throttling doesn't usually kick in until around the 80-83 Celsius range. Anything below that under load is ok. At idle 30-55 is pretty typical. Your FX chip doesn't have really great IPC compared with modern core setups so comparing it with current gen responsiveness it is going to be a little laggy out of box anyways.

No Virus nor Malware detected. as mentioned I wiped my PC and redone everything and checked after noticing reInstalling Windows didn‘t help if there is somesort of malware whatsoever - nothing. is clean.
CPU was on great temp: 25-31 idle
gpu was relaxing around 45-52 also sitting good.
RAM is getting recognized 16gb

in Task Manager (as visible in Picture Two) it shows Speed „0.78“ which is an odf Number like thats slow af or am I trippin? ain‘t no way thats normal.

in TskMngr i seen something like DsimHost or whatever the Name was (cant look because the Updates from earlier which took several hours to download and install - now takes 1 1/2hour IN to apply it.. still waiting… 23% only.) something is blocking my performance on my pc! everything is on good temps and gets recognized. but if its not a virus or malware what else could it be? i checked my SSD & HDD and the Gentleman up there said it looks good on Crystal since i didnt understand what to look at so I am out of Optiond what exactly to check now cause this is not a Performance i am used to evrything reacted and opened in a second,- now everything I do is delayed and loads etc idk