[SOLVED] My Pc has been resetting in certain scenarios at random times

Feb 18, 2023
first post on this site, sorry if its an incoherent mess
i have had my pc for roughly 2 years now and i have never had any significant problems before now that i believe could tie into this

recently i changed my cpu and motherboard for better performance
my specs are:
AMD ryzen 9 5950x (formerly i5-9600KF)
Cooler master masterliquid ml240 v2
Asrock x570 PG Velocita (formerly msi gaming pro carbon ac)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-2666
Samsung 970 evo 500GB m.2
Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive
Gigabyte windforce oc rtx 2060 6gb
corsair icue 220t case
Corsair rm750x (2018)

My OS is stored on the Samsung 970 m.2

It has only started recently after i installed the new CPU and Motherboard, i never had this problem previously.
Whenever i do a certain thing (like play a specific game) and it starts to get intensive on my pc's resources then everything goes black, my pc lights remain on and my pc boots up like nothing happened. It is very similar to someone hitting the reset switch
I originally suspected it could be linked to RAM or storage but after trying a few fixes and tests it has shown nothing conclusive
i doubt its linked to overheating since my cpu rarely gets over 70c

3 Different games ive noticed this happen on are:
Rainbow Six Siege,
Intruder
and Battlefield 2042

I have been trying to fix this for at least a few weeks now so i thought id ask people who know much more than i do

Solution
I did not reinstall my OS, should i give it a try?
Not try, that's exactly what you need to do once you migrate platforms...i.e, when you swap motherboards, reinstall OS.

Fabricate your bootable USB installer using WIndows Media Creation Tools and then use that to install the OS onto the drive you want the OS on + make sure that the drive you want to install the OS on is the only drive hooked to the system.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

but after trying a few fixes and tests it has shown nothing conclusive
What have you tried without any fruition? It's so we're not repeating what didn't work for you.

Did you reinstall the OS after the platform migration? If not, that's what you need to do.

As for your AMD platform, you're loosing performance by not going with a DDR4-3600MHz dual channel ram kit, provided you have the latest BIOS version on your motherboard.

Reactions: drivinfast247
Feb 18, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

but after trying a few fixes and tests it has shown nothing conclusive
What have you tried without any fruition? It's so we're not repeating what didn't work for you.

Did you reinstall the OS after the platform migration? If not, that's what you need to do.

As for your AMD platform, you're loosing performance by not going with a DDR4-3600MHz dual channel ram kit, provided you have the latest BIOS version on your motherboard.
I have tried:
memtest86
slightly increasing the voltage for my ram in the bios
disabling overclocking on my cpu
reinstalling graphics drivers
checking windows with sfcscannow

Lutfij

Titan
Not try, that's exactly what you need to do once you migrate platforms...i.e, when you swap motherboards, reinstall OS.

Fabricate your bootable USB installer using WIndows Media Creation Tools and then use that to install the OS onto the drive you want the OS on + make sure that the drive you want to install the OS on is the only drive hooked to the system.

Solution
Feb 18, 2023

So far that seems to have fixed it, ill close this thread when i am more certain
thanks

Reactions: Lutfij