[SOLVED] My PC has begun freezing recently ?

Feb 19, 2022
(Sorry for my bad English I'm not native)

Just began happening recently, was playing Lost Ark (or I would if I could get through the queue) and It froze up on me. I restart pc and played the game for hours on end and randomly froze again.
Doesn't just happen when playing, have had it happen when I was watching youtube/twitch etc.

Specs
CPU : Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU : MSI GTX 970

Mobo: Asus Prime X570-Pro

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz C16 2x16GB

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 850 (SSR-850FX)

Storage
2 generic 1TB HDD
Corsair Force MP600 500GB (CSSD-F500GBMP600) OS Drive
Seagate Barracuda 4TB (st4000dm004)

Stuff I've tried
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

Chkdsk /r on all drives, one of the drives had a bad sector and have ordered a ssd to replace it.

Have done Chkdsk /r /f C: no problem found.

have removed all the drives besides the C: and still freezes

Updated bios.

Checked each of the Drives with HD Tune and nothing is Damaged.
The event viewer is awfully quiet for some time until it sends out "The Operation system started at system time xxxxxxx" after 4 minutes of no activity, I think this is what steamrolls my pc into freezing. A couple of lines higher an error says "The previous system shutdown at 17.18.16 on ‎19/‎02/‎2022 was unexpected." which isn't true since I actively used the computer at that time period. I think the pc then tries to start up normally an encounters an error which produces the "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." in event viewer. it then loads some FIle manager stuff, and check if the volumes are healthy. Now we've reached the final event before the crash complaining about "SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\AsUpIO.sys failed to load" (have tried uninstalling the sus drivers to fix it but no cigar. and then the critical error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.".

Don't know which logs to include...
xef3ope.png

Thanks for any kind of help you can provide.

Best regards.

Solution
Check in the Advanced settings of your "Power Options" if your HDD's are set to turn off after a specified number of minutes, or set to "Never" turn off. One of your mechanical HDD's restarting can cause your computer to freeze for several seconds until the drive gets back to 7200rpm.

power-options-advanced.png
Check in the Advanced settings of your "Power Options" if your HDD's are set to turn off after a specified number of minutes, or set to "Never" turn off. One of your mechanical HDD's restarting can cause your computer to freeze for several seconds until the drive gets back to 7200rpm.

Solution
Feb 19, 2022

Thanks, I checked and it was already set to 0/never.
And to clarify pc freezes and doesn't respond at all, have to force it off if I want to do anything.

TRENDING THREADS