[SOLVED] My pc has burned

czarek

Commendable
Oct 20, 2018
Hello, the computer started up at 1am. I turned it off. Unfortunately, the next day the computer starts only with the emergency button on the power supply. Unfortunately, I have to keep holding this button because it would turn off. I sent it to an unofficial computer service. They told me you must replace all parts from this pc:( The cables to the switch have been burned.

A very old coke spillage was discovered on the power supply (I don't know how spilled Coca Cola can be on the power supply). Please help. The site says that Alienware is a special housing. They tell me that only the motherboard from the aurora R2 fits my model. Do you think it's true? I want to mount an AM4 (ATX) board or aurora r4 board (lga 2011). Thank you in advance for your answer

Solution
Looking at pictures. It looks like the PSU has a reset button on it. If the computer is only booting and staying on while that is depressed. I'd suspect the PSU is the problem. Just get the computer back and buy a good quality PSU for it.

Worse case you'd have to build a new computer. As the PSU is one of the necessary parts for a computer. It would just be the first component of your build.

The big hitch being the Aurora uses a custom wiring harness. If you went with an aftermarket PSU you'd have to pull the old wires and route the wires for the new PSU. The motherboard appears to use a 24pin connector. Which appears standard. I couldn't say if it uses some custom pinout though.

I certainly wouldn't go to the point of replacing OEM...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure what an emergency button is...

What switch? If you are luckly only the power supply needs to be replaced. If you trust that shop to test the other hardware anyway.

Aurora R2 motherboard looks fairly standard to me, even has a removable I/O shield, so I don't see why you couldn't swap in a new board. But at that point you've basically built a new computer, just do that instead. You can avoid all the headaches a pre-built can cause, though I don't think that is the case here.

Looking at pictures. It looks like the PSU has a reset button on it. If the computer is only booting and staying on while that is depressed. I'd suspect the PSU is the problem. Just get the computer back and buy a good quality PSU for it.

Worse case you'd have to build a new computer. As the PSU is one of the necessary parts for a computer. It would just be the first component of your build.

The big hitch being the Aurora uses a custom wiring harness. If you went with an aftermarket PSU you'd have to pull the old wires and route the wires for the new PSU. The motherboard appears to use a 24pin connector. Which appears standard. I couldn't say if it uses some custom pinout though.

I certainly wouldn't go to the point of replacing OEM parts. It's doubtful you'll get anything new. If new the repair will be far more expensive than is worthwhile for an old computer. OEM motherboard swaps are rarely worth the cost.

Solution