Mar 14, 2021
CPU: Intel Core i5 7400
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060
Mobo: Intel H110 Express
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance lpx 3200
SSD: 128GB SSD HFS128G32TND-N210A
HDD: 1TB HDD Toshiba dt01aca100
PSU: Corsair CV650 80+ Bronze
Yesterday I replaced the existing 550W PSU in my Asus Rog G11CD. It had a problem with the fan, sounded like a jet enginge, so I replaced it with a 650W Corsair PSU. Now my pc has slowed down greatly, lagging and crashing games and just generally not as fast as it used to be. Any obvious mistakes I've made spec-wise? I have scoured the internet, tried every solution I could find.

Solution
Yesterday I replaced the existing 550W PSU in my Asus Rog G11CD. It had a problem with the fan, sounded like a jet enginge, so I replaced it with a 650W Corsair PSU. Now my pc has slowed down greatly, lagging and crashing games and just generally not as fast as it used to be. Any obvious mistakes I've made spec-wise? I have scoured the internet, tried every solution I could find.

Can you put the 550W back in and see if the problems go away or do they remain?

This doesn't sound like a PSU problem. PSUs convert AC to DC. They...
The CV series from Corsair are not good choices for a gaming system. These are low end power supplies for home office type pc's without discreet graphics cards. That being said, it should still work. Are you sure you connected the PCIe power cable(s) from the PSU to the GPU? The monitor is connected to the GPU and not the motherboard?

Mar 14, 2021
The CV series from Corsair are not good choices for a gaming system. These are low end power supplies for home office type pc's without discreet graphics cards. That being said, it should still work. Are you sure you connected the PCIe power cable(s) from the PSU to the GPU? The monitor is connected to the GPU and not the motherboard?
Everything seems to be hooked up correctly, yes.

Can you put the 550W back in and see if the problems go away or do they remain?

This doesn't sound like a PSU problem. PSUs convert AC to DC. They don't dictate frame rate, etc.

Maybe you knocked something loose or damaged something in the process of replacing all of the power connectors.

Also, what was the 550W and what was the fan configuration? What case are you using?

It might be more along the lines of your former PSU was more of a part of the PC's cooling system and the new one doesn't have as fast of a fan or a fan in a different position and therefore, your other components are running hotter and could be throttling.

Solution