[SOLVED] My PC has suddenly slowed down and I am not sure why.

Dec 7, 2019
Seemingly overnight my PC has gotten much slower, opening windows explorer, control panel, etc is taking a lot longer than usual and my entire system frequently freezes for around 20-40 seconds after I boot up. Occasionally my CPU usage in task manager spikes due to system interrupts.

I have already made sure that all my drivers are up to date, and nothing else I can find online matches my problems.

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus z170 Pro Gaming
CPU: Intel i5-6600k
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
PSU: Corsair CX 600M
RAM: Ballistix Sport ddr4 x2

Solution
Which version of Windows 10(assuming) are you working with? Can you check and see if you have BIOS updates pending for your motherboard? I'd also try and borrow a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor to rule out a PSU lacking the ability to deliver power to all the components in your system.

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10(assuming) are you working with? Can you check and see if you have BIOS updates pending for your motherboard? I'd also try and borrow a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor to rule out a PSU lacking the ability to deliver power to all the components in your system.

Solution
Dec 7, 2019
I am running 10.0.18362 build 18362 and have not seen any noticeable difference after updating my bios.

I will try using another PSU when I can, however i have not changed any components since building the PC.