[SOLVED] My pc hasn't worked for a couple weeks now, no power on, nothing.

Jan 17, 2021
Around 2 weeks ago my pc was having issues with it crashing, blue screening and after it crashed, I tried to boot it up but the fans spun for a few seconds then it powered down again. I originally came to the conclusion that it was having PSU trouble with power spikes, so I replaced my power supply for a new one and just to make sure I alse reapplied thermal paste to my cpu. This actually fixed my problem for that day, and I made sure it wouldn't crash by leaving It running while under some heavy load, this worked fine for 2 days, then it just completely stopped working altogether. I tried resetting the cmos and resitting ram but it did nothing to fix it, I also tried reaching the cmos battery, considering it was a few years old, but still nothing. I now think it could be my motherboard but I was looking on here for help before I plan on replacing it. Any thoughts?

Solution
The details are as follows:
I5 4590 (stock cooler)
16gb ddr3 ram
1tb Western digital hdd
Evga gtx 1660 ti
Evga 650w psu 80+ bronze brand new
I haven't checked the boot drive yet, I will do that now.
Maybe is the CPU, i can't think of other components other than ram( that u already tested) and the CPU, if it didn't even post why would it be the boot drive? or it post, if it is posting, can u pls say the post code or speaker beep?
Jan 17, 2021
Can you post some details about your computer?
Are you sure it's not the boot drive that has died?
I5 4590 (stock cooler)
16gb ddr3 ram
1tb Western digital hdd
Evga gtx 1660 ti

Jacklope

Reputable
Jan 17, 2021
I5 4590 (stock cooler)
16gb ddr3 ram
1tb Western digital hdd
Evga gtx 1660 ti
Maybe is the CPU, i can't think of other components other than ram( that u already tested) and the CPU, if it didn't even post why would it be the boot drive? or it post, if it is posting, can u pls say the post code or speaker beep?

Solution
Jan 17, 2021
Thank you for the reply, I have come to the conclusion that it is a problem with my cpu or mobo, which just leaves me with the choice of buying upgrades, after all it has been a while.