Question My pc have 3.1 GHz frequency and i found that it can be upto 3.8 GHz in maximum turbo frequency so is it okay to use for noramal use.

Mar 17, 2019
I just play games in my pc i found on google that my pc can get upto 3.8 GHz frequency and it is good for performance but i have quetion that is using this stuff can loss in future long time terms and probelm like over heating..i read that turbo is diffrant from overclocking and only use that time when it needed..so can i use it for normal use..i have AMD A8 PRO-7600B R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
8 gb ram windows 10 pro 64 bit...i don't have much knowledge of this so plz help...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Turbo is in a loose sense, a form of a overclocking, but it acts differently to normal overclocking.

When you overclock, you manually change configuration settings and power usage in order to get power out of the component that is outside of manufacturers tested ratings / speeds.

A Turbo is a form of automatic overclock, that has been integrated by the manufacturer, where by if there is spare power and conditions are appropriate, the CPU will apply a turbo boost, where it boosts its performance to the manufacturers specification.

Turbo is only a problem temperature-wise if you have poor temperatures already. So you can use it completely normally, worst case you can always just disable it in the BIOS.

Reactions: Mohan Ahir
I just play games in my pc i found on google that my pc can get upto 3.8 GHz frequency and it is good for performance but i have quetion that is using this stuff can loss in future long time terms and probelm like over heating..i read that turbo is diffrant from overclocking and only use that time when it needed..so can i use it for normal use..i have AMD A8 PRO-7600B R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
8 gb ram windows 10 pro 64 bit...i don't have much knowledge of this so plz help...
If all in BIOS is left on auto it should turbo boost anytime it's pushed far enough. There's nothing special you have to do.
"Turbo" is kind of automatic OC from base frequency to it's maximum on one or more cores.

Reactions: Mohan Ahir
Mar 17, 2019
Turbo is in a loose sense, a form of a overclocking, but it acts differently to normal overclocking.

When you overclock, you manually change configuration settings and power usage in order to get power out of the component that is outside of manufacturers tested ratings / speeds.

A Turbo is a form of automatic overclock, that has been integrated by the manufacturer, where by if there is spare power and conditions are appropriate, the CPU will apply a turbo boost, where it boosts its performance to the manufacturers specification.

Turbo is only a problem temperature-wise if you have poor temperatures already. So you can use it completely normally, worst case you can always just disable it in the BIOS.
Thanks buddy for this information thanks...

Reactions: PC Tailor
Mar 17, 2019
If all in BIOS is left on auto it should turbo boost anytime it's pushed far enough. There's nothing special you have to do.
"Turbo" is kind of automatic OC from base frequency to it's maximum on one or more cores.
Thank u i love this forum cause people interested for sharing wonderful information..thank u...