Question My PC I built over summer will occasionally turn off and on by itself and if it happens 3 times I cant get anything on the computer to work like usb

Sep 19, 2022
My PC I built over the summer will occasionally turn off and on by itself, and if it happens three times, I can't get anything on the computer to work like a USB port display. The only thing that works is the RGB of the case fans and CPU fans. I try unplugging, replugging everything changing how my PC is powered, change the cables, mouse keyboards, and monitors. Specs i5-12600 with stock intel cooler, 16gb team group force ram, 3600mhz xmp, b660m gigabyte ds3h no wifi, 3070 founders, Thermaltake 80 white power supply 700 or 800 watts, one TB hard drive Seagate, and three inland SSDs (free from micro center). RGB on mouse doesn't work on this PC but works on my laptop I have tried every USB port. Not sure if it motherboard CPU ram or powersupply. I tested every both sticks. Cleared cmos

Last edited:
Thermaltake power supply? Which one? In my experience they are ok for an office pc…. But wouldn’t recommend one in a gaming pc.

In my system I’ve got

Ryzen 9 5900x with a vetroo v5 in push pull setup actually works
AsRock ab350 pro 4(don’t laugh, the board is about 5 years old, maxing it out to give space before I upgrade to new sockets etc).
16gb ddr4 3000, intending to change to 32gb 3200
MSI mech 6700xt
240gb Samsung 960 evo
2 1tb sata ssd drives

For power I’m using a Corsair rmx 850 modular power supply. Seems pretty decent and never has shutdowns or anything so far.

Sep 19, 2022
Thermaltake power supply? Which one? In my experience they are ok for an office pc…. But wouldn’t recommend one in a gaming pc.

In my system I’ve got

Ryzen 9 5900x with a vetroo v5 in push pull setup actually works
AsRock ab350 pro 4(don’t laugh, the board is about 5 years old, maxing it out to give space before I upgrade to new sockets etc).
16gb ddr4 3000, intending to change to 32gb 3200
MSI mech 6700xt
240gb Samsung 960 evo
2 1tb sata ssd drives

For power I’m using a Corsair rmx 850 modular power supply. Seems pretty decent and never has shutdowns or anything so far.
I have the 700 or 800 watt white edition

Sep 19, 2022
undo ai overclocking and eventually other oc as well
reset the BIOS by cmos jumper

check the temperatures
replace the PSU
Also I cant even get any output from my computer all I see are the case fans CPU fan and GPU fans moving none of the USB device like my mouse get rgb so I am thinking my motherboard is the reason and it might be dead