[SOLVED] My PC is being slow all of a sudden and AMD Overdrive can't detect my CPU

May 10, 2020
I reset my PC about a week ago since I just needed a fresh start with it after having it for years. After a few days I booted it up and it was being extremely slow so I checked task manager to see the CPU performance etc. My CPU was running at 2.5ghz when its usually around 3.5-3.8ghz on Turbo (Default with my PC, AMD A8-7650k). I downloaded AMD Overdrive to check if the Turbo was on and just to see my system in general and the software won't detect my CPU. I've never used this before but I'm just putting two and two together guessing there is something wrong with my CPU. Any ideas?

Solution
It might, but doing a CLEAN install of the latest version, 2004, would likely be a much better option.

May 10, 2020
If you did a "reset" then you are still on an old version of Windows, from whenever it was initially installed all those "years" ago.

What version of Windows are you running, 7, 8.1 or 10?
I'm on Windows 10, I checked my version there and it's 1903 so I'll give it an update and see if that helps.

It might, but doing a CLEAN install of the latest version, 2004, would likely be a much better option.

Solution