[SOLVED] My PC is connected via ethernet, shows stable connection, but nothing will load

Feb 2, 2022
This issue started a few days ago. My PC is connected to the internet via ethernet which goes to a Wifi extender in my room. My PC doesn't have WiFi capabilities and I can't hook directly to the router as it's too far away, but this is the next best thing and it's worked well for me up until this point. So basically my PC shows that it's connected to my network and Windows troubleshooter never detects a problem with it. The problem is that nothing on my PC will load except for Google and Google apps such as YouTube or Google Docs.

Let's go over what I've tried so far. The first thing I tried was resetting my router, that didn't do any good. I made a post on the Microsoft forums when this issue started here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rnet-but/d6caf85e-c566-4d84-b207-122da93f33ea
The solution given to me here actually worked for about a day, but obviously it's started back again. I've tried to go thru those steps again but it doesn't seem to do anything now. I've tried changing my DNS and clearing the cache, nothing. I've tried resetting network settings, nothing. I've tried turning my firewall off, nothing. I even replaced my WiFi extender even tho I was almost certain it wasn't the issue, still nothing.

I'm really confused here and tbh I'm at my wits end, if anyone could help me figure this issue out that would be awesome. Please let me know if you need any more info from me and I'll gladly help if I can.

Solution
Your computer will always have what it thinks is a stable connection at least hardware wise. It doesn't know that there is a wifi connection in the path.

Does the netgear device think it has a good connection to the router. If for some reason you no longer get good enough wifi signals in your room then it doesn't really matter how it is connected to your PC. What you have in a way done is not much different than using a USB connected wifi nic card....except your PC can talk to the wifi radio chip to see the status.
Feb 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your wireless router as well as the extender? How far is too far away ? Make and model of your motherboard? OS? If you're on Windows 10, include OS version(not edition).
My router is an AT&T BGW320 and the extender is a Netgear AC1200. The extender is able to reach 1500 sq ft so that should be more than enough to get to my router. If you mean the distance from my router to my room, my router is in my basement and my room is on the 3rd floor of the house. My motherboard is an ASUS Prime Z390-A. I'm on Windows 10 version 21H1.

Your computer will always have what it thinks is a stable connection at least hardware wise. It doesn't know that there is a wifi connection in the path.

Does the netgear device think it has a good connection to the router. If for some reason you no longer get good enough wifi signals in your room then it doesn't really matter how it is connected to your PC. What you have in a way done is not much different than using a USB connected wifi nic card....except your PC can talk to the wifi radio chip to see the status.

Solution