alexcoulter111

Reputable
Sep 12, 2018
Hi,
I was recently playing a game and my pc crashed. It restarted but after signing in it crashed again. After crashing before booting again, it posted. Please help me.

Specs
i5 9600k
Z370 G
16gb 2400mhz
512gb crucial ssd
Silverston 600w fm bronze
Phanteks P300

Thanks in advance

alexcoulter111

Reputable
Sep 12, 2018
Silverston 600w fm bronze <- is death. The PSU is the heart of the system always do a bit of research on the PSU and get a top tier PSU it doesn't need to be 850W but it needs to be good look at this list.
You think it is the psu?
I had one before where the capacitors blew. I dont know why i bought another one...
What tier do you recommend buying from as that was tier 4.

menlui

Respectable
Jul 18, 2018
Okay, PSU is fine. Is your PC connected directly to a power outlet or is there some sort of extension cord or power board in between?
Why do you assume the PSU is fine we haven't established that at all, a failing or faulty PSU will not throw BSOD's for itself but will show a lot of other potential problems, so check the event viewer. The PSU is a tier 4 PSU so below OK, anything tier 1 or 2 for that 9600k would be good at a stretch a tier 3 you want something that is reliable and will last, you haven't put whether you have a GPU but if you don't and want to get one aim for at least 550w maybe 650.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well a sudden pc shutdown leads to that the power supply is either not supplying enough power to your components, or the power supply is failing.
I would suggest a seasonic focus plus 650W +80 gold or an evga G2 supernova 650W +80 gold.
Highly recommended power supplies right there.
And the only way to make sure that your power supply is not failing is to switch to another power supply and see if your computer will sudden shut down or not if so then your power supply is fine if it didn't then you need a new power supply.

Reactions: menlui

TRENDING THREADS