[SOLVED] My PC is crashing! Was wondering if anyone could tell me why.

wyattmyers1

Reputable
Aug 22, 2018
My PC is randomly crashing. It all starts with network going down, then task manager and all windows programs becoming unresponsive. Then every other program starts shutting down. This has been happening for a few weeks now. And because of this I have replaced parts. My RAM, GPU, and PSU are new. I've run CPU benchmark tools, SSD and HDD tools to test for bad parts. And my PC is still crashing.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

I have been monitoring temps and have done a fresh reinstall of all software thinking possible software issue to find no fix.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
GPU: EVGA FTW3 Geforce RTX 3080
RAM: 16 BG Team Group Inc.
MB: Prime x570-Pro by ASUS
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w P2
Drives: Samsung SSD 960 Evo 250 GB, WDC WD10ezex 1 TB HDD
No overclocking.

Last Error reported in Computer Reliability and problem history is a Live Kernel Event Code 1000015e.

Last edited:
Solution
My PC is randomly crashing. It all starts with network going down, then task manager and all windows programs becoming unresponsive. Then every other program starts shutting down. This has been happening for a few weeks now. And because of this I have replaced parts. My RAM, GPU, and PSU are new. I've run CPU benchmark tools, SSD and HDD tools to test for bad parts. And my PC is still crashing.

I have been monitoring temps and have done a fresh reinstall of all software thinking possible software issue to find no fix.

Specs:
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w P2...

Specs:
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w P2
Drives: Samsung SSD 960 Evo 250 GB, WDC WD10ezex 1 TB HDD
No overclocking.

Last Error reported in Computer Reliability and problem history is a Live Kernel Event Code 1000015e.
Maybe you could try this:
  • Uninstall the driver using DDU
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 24 on yours) like this:
unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot)
  • boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, and go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced power plan.
  • Install the latest nvidia driver.
  • And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any.
*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, so make sure you downloaded the file needed on the word that i highlight, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP, make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4.

Solution

wyattmyers1

Reputable
Aug 22, 2018
Maybe you could try this:
  • Uninstall the driver using DDU
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 24 on yours) like this:
unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot)
  • boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, and go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced power plan.
  • Install the latest nvidia driver.
  • And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any.
*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, so make sure you downloaded the file needed on the word that i highlight, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP, make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4.

Alright I have done both the GPU and CPU drivers reinstall. I have done my bios recently so I just checked and saw it is still up to date and made sure RAM was in correct slots. Thank you for the idea and I hope this works!

I will keep updated on if my PC crashes again.