Question My pc is dead

Oct 3, 2021
It just work before I change the CPU cooler, and added sleeved extension cable. it posted for a while then the pc turned on and off for a continuously and consistently, then the motherboard check light flashed CPU, and I took out the 8 pin CPU cable and used the original cable. then it just won't power anymore. everything is working fine but it wont just power. when I take the power cord out and put it back on the motherboard flash for a second and just wont work at all afterwards. I don't know if the motherboard is dead or not.

Aorus B460
I5-10400f
Gigabyte RTX 2060
TeamForce 8Gb x 2 DDR4
Patriot 460Gb x 2 Sata SSD
Thermaltake 750 WATT PSU

Last edited:

dracobeats

Commendable
Dec 31, 2018
It just work before I change the CPU cooler, and added sleeved extension cable. it posted for a while then the pc turned on and off for a continuously and consistently, then the motherboard check light flashed CPU, and I took out the 8 pin CPU cable and used the original cable. then it just won't power anymore. everything is working fine but it wont just power. when I take the power cord out and put it back on the motherboard flash for a second and just wont work at all afterwards. I don't know if the motherboard is dead or not.

Aorus B460
I5-10400f
Gigabyte RTX 2060
TeamForce 8Gb x 2 DDR4
Patriot 460Gb x 2 Sata SSD
Thermaltake 850 WATT PSU
Are there more sleeves than just the cpu cable? If so take off all the extension cables and use the power supply’s plain cables. See if that works. Make sure your cpu cooler is plugged in correctly. The system might not boot if it detects no cooler not sure. If that doesn’t work look for bent pins.