My PC is getting constant BSODS

Nov 21, 2018
Hi all. Recently I started getting constant BSOD's on my gaming pc build. The BSOD's are seemingly random, sometimes happening when I turn my pc on, off, or load up an application. These BSOD's include system service exception, memory management, irql is not less or equal, and more. They sometimes happen within in minutes of each other and I get a minimum of 10-12 BSOD's per day by using it for two hours a day. i have already looked at my mini dumps and most said memory corruption so I decided to run memtest86 and it found some errors as well. (One thing is that some of them said the probable cause was ntkrnlmp.exe) So I am in the process of replacing my RAM.
However, I have also been getting some errors in which Windows crashes and then brings me to a recovery screen. I got two different error codes one being 0xc0000428 and 0xc0000221. I find it weird that RAM could cause some window's system file issues. I already tried running sfc /scannow and it said it found no violations. But, I shouldn't be getting the problems with windows if there was no problems with the system files? I finally tried resetting windows but keeping my personal finals and it just came up that there was a problem and that no changes were made. Thanks!

I am running a GTX 1060 6gb, Ryzen 5 1600, Thermaltake smart 600w psu, Adata XPG 2x8gb RAM, and a gigabyte AX370-gaming motherboard(i have the latest bios)

Edit: I also have all my drivers up to date

Solution
you have to update the bios to the most current version, set the memory settings and get memtest to pass before you should start looking at windows bugchecks.

if you installed windows while the memory was not working correctly, you should reinstall windows as your files could have been corrupted during the install. (particularly if you installed from a usb device)
the files can be corrupted as they were copied to disk, or they can be corrupted as they are copied from disk to memory. Then corrupted again as the memory manager copies data virtual memory (c:\pagefile.sys) best to reinstall in this case, you will never know if you fixed all of the files and registry settings.

: kd> !error 0xc0000428
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000428...
you have to update the bios to the most current version, set the memory settings and get memtest to pass before you should start looking at windows bugchecks.

if you installed windows while the memory was not working correctly, you should reinstall windows as your files could have been corrupted during the install. (particularly if you installed from a usb device)
the files can be corrupted as they were copied to disk, or they can be corrupted as they are copied from disk to memory. Then corrupted again as the memory manager copies data virtual memory (c:\pagefile.sys) best to reinstall in this case, you will never know if you fixed all of the files and registry settings.

: kd> !error 0xc0000428
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000428 (3221226536) - Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
7: kd> !error 0xc0000221
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000221 (3221226017) - {Bad Image Checksum} The image %hs is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

Solution