[SOLVED] my pc is getting slow every 10 seconds

GingerFox

Commendable
Sep 12, 2019
I tried to look it over, I reset my computer I update Gpu drivers But nothing..
I'm playing games like rainbow six siege and Pubg but If I'm playing League of legends on high and my pc slowing for a sec or getting stuck for a moment, I don't what will happend when I will try a heavy game.

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K
GPU: GTX 960
16 Ram
1 tb plus 500 gb
I have that pc for over three years and I have to say it did the job well with everything.
but the only thing that happen was two day ago, My computer didn't open anymore after starting it up, I cleaned the pc from the inside and changed place of the ram slot, than the pc came back to work and it worked fine after it shut it down and called it a night, in the morning the pc just acted up weird and start to freeze for a sec or while opening some apps alone or together the pc just slowed down Please what can I do

Solution
I'm playing games like rainbow six siege and Pubg but If I'm playing League of legends on high and my pc slowing for a sec or getting stuck for a moment, I don't what will happend when I will try a heavy game.

My specs:
16 Ram
1 tb plus 500 gb
I have that pc for over three years and I have to say it did the job well with everything.
but the only thing that happen was two day ago, My computer didn't open anymore after starting it up, I cleaned the pc from the inside and changed place of the ram slot, than the pc came back to work and it worked fine after it shut it down and called it a night, in the morning the pc...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS: motherboard, PSU, make and model drives.

Especially PSU. Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Use Task Manager and Resource monitor to observe what the pc is doing. Observe right after boot up, then while working but not gaming, and lastly while gaming.

Look for some bottleneck and what may be causing that bottleneck.

Reliability History may be capturing some error codes or warnings at the time of the slowdowns or freezing.

GingerFox

Commendable
Sep 12, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS: motherboard, PSU, make and model drives.

Especially PSU. Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Use Task Manager and Resource monitor to observe what the pc is doing. Observe right after boot up, then while working but not gaming, and lastly while gaming.

Look for some bottleneck and what may be causing that bottleneck.

Reliability History may be capturing some error codes or warnings at the time of the slowdowns or freezing.
Sorry for the late reply I Downloaded CPUID and looked over my temp seems that my cpu cores plus my motherboard are on max heat
So I guess the fan is the problem

not necessarily the fan per se(you should be able to hear/see if that is turning and/or ramping up with CPU heat), but whatever sink you are using needs to be evenly secured onto the heat spreader, and, with some sort of thermal interface material that does not harden/solidify with a year or two's use...

Reactions: Ralston18

Ralston18

Titan
Check fan power connections to ensure none are loose.

The CPU's thermal paste may need to be redone.

Still wondering about the installed PSU; make, model, etc..

Fans may be the problem - but for what reason? Insufficient power perhaps?

How many fans and where are they located?

If the problem occurs during heavy gaming then the PSU remains suspect.

GingerFox

Commendable
Sep 12, 2019
Check fan power connections to ensure none are loose.

The CPU's thermal paste may need to be redone.

Still wondering about the installed PSU; make, model, etc..

Fans may be the problem - but for what reason? Insufficient power perhaps?

How many fans and where are they located?

If the problem occurs during heavy gaming then the PSU remains suspect.

Well the PSU is VS550 from corsair
also notice that the fan was full of dust and kinda starting to get loose so I need to buy a new one now :(
I'm very sorry for not being able to give all the information sadly when I got the pc I didn't looked at things as I should do now, so I don't even know how that information..

Ralston18

Titan
You may not need to get a new fan.

Generally you can clean the computer on your own and tighten up loose screws, components, cables, etc..

A can of compressed air can be used to blow out dust and debris. However, you must follow all directions and clean carefully.

Starter links:

https://www.lifewire.com/maintain-computer-4097220

https://www.howtogeek.com/72716/how-to-thoroughly-clean-your-dirty-desktop-computer/

Find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help you get started and learn how to do the maintenance.

And, just for the record, there are online videos that show (or purport to show) you how to do such things. However, some of those videos are very marginal in content, instruction, detail, and may even be damaging if followed.

Be very wary and careful accordingly.

My specs:
16 Ram
1 tb plus 500 gb
but the only thing that happen was two day ago, My computer didn't open anymore after starting it up, I cleaned the pc from the inside and changed place of the ram slot, than the pc came back to work and it worked fine after it shut it down and called it a night, in the morning the pc just acted up weird and start to freeze for a sec or while opening some apps alone or together the pc just slowed down Please what can I do
That PC should still be a rocket.
I will ask for formality HOW DID YOU CLEAN IT?
it might be damage from bad handing during the cleanup.
If not, sounds like a overheat, dead fan OR dying drive.
Check temps in bios or OS if possible, open up to check if every fan is spinning.
Take the BIOS battery out (if its overheat protection, taking out battery will reset it).
Try to boot from pendrive or another OS and run disc checks.

IF that fan/cooler is a problem, CPU would be 60+ on idle and or 90+ when you start something.

Tutorials that might be useful:
https://itstillworks.com/check-cpu-temperature-bios-6826456.html

one of those should point you where you have a problem.

changed place of the ram slot:
refer the manual for that board

Solution

GingerFox

Commendable
Sep 12, 2019
That PC should still be a rocket.
I will ask for formality HOW DID YOU CLEAN IT?
it might be damage from bad handing during the cleanup.
If not, sounds like a overheat, dead fan OR dying drive.
Check temps in bios or OS if possible, open up to check if every fan is spinning.
Take the BIOS battery out (if its overheat protection, taking out battery will reset it).
Try to boot from pendrive or another OS and run disc checks.

IF that fan/cooler is a problem, CPU would be 60+ on idle and or 90+ when you start something.

Tutorials that might be useful:
https://itstillworks.com/check-cpu-temperature-bios-6826456.html

one of those should point you where you have a problem.

changed place of the ram slot:
refer the manual for that board

Ok Good update I saved the computer finally it was the thermal paste that was already done, I had to go to the store to buy one, something funny about the fan is the guy who built my computer did an amazing job but I will never know how the hell he managed to put those small metal thing into one and make the fan stay on his "mount" (What I call mount is small silver levels that are easy to break so you have to touch it gently and it was connected to fan in the first place).
So yea happy ending to my pc I cleaned the area with alcohol so no dmg to the computer or to the core also everything is working fine now, I also removed the battery soms if I recall it right to make the pc run again after few times that the pc didn't worked I just placed the ram sticks in the new slot(I have two gary slots and two black ones), I set them to black slots and now the pc is working fine the temp to all four cores are less than 24c.

Thank you everyone who tried to help me!
I hope that If someone has the same problem as me can see that post so they could try the same things and hopefully it will work for them too!