My pc is having alot of problems, need help please!

SkyBlade9000

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
SO.. basically , the first issue- Pc starts up then as soon as its about to auto-log in ,it blue screens,
so.. i was told to reseat the ram and i did,
Second issue appeared, my pc had the same old issue, just this time it took around 20 seconds more to boot up aswell as recognize the monitor , keyboard...
Afterwards , it booted up normally just it could not recognize the monitor, keyboard or mouse at all...
Now its still not recognizing anything and it keeps restarting by itself like every 15 seconds.
What could have caused this, i only remember 3 days ago i cleaned the psu cables underneath with a tiny soft brush..

i was keep being told by a technician it could be the ram so i reseated about 3 times

SPECS: I7 4790K
980TI
1000W EVGA
ASUS Z97 MOBO
16G CORSAIR RAM
YES I WANT TO CRY AT THIS POINT!

Solution
as you cleaned the pc you may have not put back a wire right or there wires getting into the fans of the gpu/cpu or there may be one that got pinched by the case. start with bare bone pc. no gpu and one ram stick. if you can get into windows fine...and everything is working check to see that the 24 and 8 pin power plugs are locked in. if the pc still locking up. make sure only the keyboard and mouse are plugged in. sometime to many usb devices can hang a mb. if the mb still acts up pull it from the case see if it posts fine..if not try another power supply to see if it power or the mb. with the mb if it has the usb flashback feature use it to put the newest bios file onto the mb to rule out a bios bug.
This sounds to me like a faulty motherboard, possibly the voltage regulator, as this is often what causes blue screens as shown through overclocking as an example.
The fact that it isn't recognizing anything points to the fact that either the ports are not receiving the correct amount of power, or that they are just faulty.
I'd suggest contacting Asus, as they are generally quite good with RMAs from my experience.

as you cleaned the pc you may have not put back a wire right or there wires getting into the fans of the gpu/cpu or there may be one that got pinched by the case. start with bare bone pc. no gpu and one ram stick. if you can get into windows fine...and everything is working check to see that the 24 and 8 pin power plugs are locked in. if the pc still locking up. make sure only the keyboard and mouse are plugged in. sometime to many usb devices can hang a mb. if the mb still acts up pull it from the case see if it posts fine..if not try another power supply to see if it power or the mb. with the mb if it has the usb flashback feature use it to put the newest bios file onto the mb to rule out a bios bug.

Solution

SkyBlade9000

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
Ok... i got it back.. im happy as heck and all i did was take out the ram and blew it like crazy, then used an antistatic bursh to clean the mobo and video card... idk it worked, but thanks to all dat helped!