[SOLVED] my pc is hosed after upgrading to ryzen

Mar 30, 2020
a couple weeks ago, i upgraded from an i5-4670k to the ryzen 5 3600, and my pc just keeps freezing for about 10 seconds, then rebooting randomly. it was doing that for about a week before i decided to just replace the motherboard, cpu and ram.
Right now my specs are:

Windows 10 Pro latest version
Ryzen 5 1600 AF
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb DDR4 3000mhz CL15
MSI b450 Tomahawk MAX
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
EVGA 500w 80+ psu
Hitachi 1tb hard drive

Also, before upgrading a second time to the Ryzen 5 1600 AF, i used my old i5 4670k and everything worked fine. I also used a clean install of windows 10 about 5 times and all my drivers are up to date and im using the latest bios.

<EDITED for Language by moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I did another clean installation of windows 10 about an hour ago, and it's still having the same problem.
Make sure you have the latest BIOS. Set your BIOS to defaults to remove any overclock on CPU or RAM. Verify the temps with Ryzen Master software.
If still unstable, then run MEMTEST for a few hours to check your RAM for problems.

kanewolf

Titan
a couple weeks ago, i upgraded from an i5-4670k to the ryzen 5 3600, and my pc just keeps freezing for about 10 seconds, then rebooting randomly. it was doing that for about a week before i decided to just replace the motherboard, cpu and ram.
Right now my specs are:

Windows 10 Pro latest version
Ryzen 5 1600 AF
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb DDR4 3000mhz CL15
MSI b450 Tomahawk MAX
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
EVGA 500w 80+ psu
Hitachi 1tb hard drive

Also, before upgrading a second time to the Ryzen 5 1600 AF, i used my old i5 4670k and everything worked fine. I also used a clean install of windows 10 about 5 times and all my drivers are up to date and im using the latest bios.

<EDITED for Language by moderator>
It sounds like you haven't done a clean OS install with the new motherboard and CPU. That is always recommended and sometimes required. I think this is a required case.

TRENDING THREADS