[SOLVED] My pc is lagging even on the desktop

Jul 27, 2019
So, I have somewhat mid end to high end pc.
amd fx8320e
Geforce gtx 1080
8gb ram
2x 1 tb 7200rpm hd
Gigabyte ga-970a-ds3p motherboard

I run the games on a hd and the games on another.
The issue is that the pc is lagging hard when I try to run more than one program at a time. For example: I usually listen to music on YouTube using vivaldi. So if i try to run a game like, Overwatch, the pc starts lagging really hard, being frozen for about 10 seconds.

I checked the temperatures and everything seems fine. Also I have almost nothing running on the background. I also updated all drivers. It's driving me crazy and I'm considering buying an ssd to install the os. I just want to know if it will solve the isso.

Solution
I did the Memory Diagnostic and nothing showed, so I guess that is not the issue. I also downloaded the AMD overdrive and nothing apparently changed. But thanks for the response and sorry for the late answer
Well I bought a 480gb SSD last week because my HDD died. Is it faster? Yes it. But the only difference is that everything loads faster. It will not help with background processes while you play games. When I want to play games and listen to music on youtube I often put video quality to 144p so It doesn't effect my performance that much. Try to monitor cpu usage and ram usage in task manager.
Jul 27, 2019
I did the Memory Diagnostic and nothing showed, so I guess that is not the issue. I also downloaded the AMD overdrive and nothing apparently changed. But thanks for the response and sorry for the late answer

mrtech9

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017
Well I bought a 480gb SSD last week because my HDD died. Is it faster? Yes it. But the only difference is that everything loads faster. It will not help with background processes while you play games. When I want to play games and listen to music on youtube I often put video quality to 144p so It doesn't effect my performance that much. Try to monitor cpu usage and ram usage in task manager.

Solution