Question My pc is lagging

Apr 20, 2020
So i just bought a new case and just moved everything from my old case to my new one. But when i was playing valorant my fps drop because cpu throttled from 3.2 ghz to 1.6 ghz but my temps are fine (60-65C) because in my old case i got 70-75c it was doing pretty much fine. I put my valo in my ssd. And i tried playing rocket league, before i move case i was getting 60+ fps on highest setting but now i get 15 fps, and the gpu clock went from 1750mhz to 750mhz even though its about 40-50C. Anyone knows whats wrong?
Specs:
I5 2400
Asrock H61M-DGS
8gb ddr3
Sapphire rx 560 2gb
Patriot burst 120gb
Seagate 500gb
Enermax naxn 500w

PrinceTexasLoaf

Respectable
Sep 28, 2018
So i just bought a new case and just moved everything from my old case to my new one. But when i was playing valorant my fps drop because cpu throttled from 3.2 ghz to 1.6 ghz but my temps are fine (60-65C) because in my old case i got 70-75c it was doing pretty much fine. I put my valo in my ssd. And i tried playing rocket league, before i move case i was getting 60+ fps on highest setting but now i get 15 fps, and the gpu clock went from 1750mhz to 750mhz even though its about 40-50C. Anyone knows whats wrong?
Specs:
I5 2400
Asrock H61M-DGS
8gb ddr3
Sapphire rx 560 2gb
Patriot burst 120gb
Seagate 500gb
Enermax naxn 500w
I'm not this experienced in this type of topic yet, but I'll give you a little bit of help. I'd make sure all your connections are secure, I'd also run stress tests on your components. But that's sadly the most I can say.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Try something like Cinebench R20 for the cpu, you can set under the "File" tab->preferences an amount of seconds it should run so it can run longer than a standard test.
And one of the Unigine like "heaven" or "Superposition" for the gpu. Can also use Aida64 (freeware version) , but it will only be free for a month or so.

Use the next to monitor temps an such,

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".

Apr 20, 2020
Try something like Cinebench R20 for the cpu, you can set under the "File" tab->preferences an amount of seconds it should run so it can run longer than a standard test.
And one of the Unigine like "heaven" or "Superposition" for the gpu. Can also use Aida64 (freeware version) , but it will only be free for a month or so.

Use the next to monitor temps an such,
i will try thanks for the advice

Reactions: Vic 40

ASK THE COMMUNITY