[SOLVED] My pc is lagging

Apr 20, 2020
So i just bought a new case and just moved everything from my old case to my new one. But when i was playing valorant my fps drop because cpu throttled from 3.2 ghz to 1.6 ghz but my temps are fine (60-65C) because in my old case i got 70-75c it was doing pretty much fine. I put my valo in my ssd. And i tried playing rocket league, before i move case i was getting 60+ fps on highest setting but now i get 15 fps, and the gpu clock went from 1750mhz to 750mhz even though its about 40-50C. Anyone knows whats wrong?
Specs:
I5 2400
Asrock H61M-DGS
8gb ddr3
Sapphire rx 560 2gb
Patriot burst 120gb
Seagate 500gb
Enermax naxn 500w

Solution
Try something like Cinebench R20 for the cpu, you can set under the "File" tab->preferences an amount of seconds it should run so it can run longer than a standard test.
And one of the Unigine like "heaven" or "Superposition" for the gpu. Can also use Aida64 (freeware version) , but it will only be free for a month or so.

Use the next to monitor temps an such,

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".
So i just bought a new case and just moved everything from my old case to my new one. But when i was playing valorant my fps drop because cpu throttled from 3.2 ghz to 1.6 ghz but my temps are fine (60-65C) because in my old case i got 70-75c it was doing pretty much fine. I put my valo in my ssd. And i tried playing rocket league, before i move case i was getting 60+ fps on highest setting but now i get 15 fps, and the gpu clock went from 1750mhz to 750mhz even though its about 40-50C. Anyone knows whats wrong?
Specs:
I5 2400
Asrock H61M-DGS
8gb ddr3
Sapphire rx 560 2gb
Patriot burst 120gb
Seagate 500gb
Enermax naxn 500w
I'm not this experienced in this type of topic yet, but I'll give you a little bit of help. I'd make sure all your connections are secure, I'd also run stress tests on your components. But that's sadly the most I can say.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Try something like Cinebench R20 for the cpu, you can set under the "File" tab->preferences an amount of seconds it should run so it can run longer than a standard test.
And one of the Unigine like "heaven" or "Superposition" for the gpu. Can also use Aida64 (freeware version) , but it will only be free for a month or so.

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".

Solution
Apr 20, 2020

i will try thanks for the advice

Reactions: Vic 40