Question My pc is making rebooting noises while using it?

Oct 23, 2019
Hi yall!

So ive started having problems with my 4moth old pc, (self built) and the problem started occurring after i cleaned my ssd fully (i think). So while using my pc, ive started to hear the same noise as i hear when i turn it on, it sounds like one of the components would reboot itself. This doesnt affect my pc at all, and i can keep playing or doin whatever when this happens. I just find the sound a bit odd and concerning since its not really normal right? I used not to have this problem before and it started about a month ago. Heres my specs

• gtx 1060 6gb
  • i5 8600k
  • ssd samsung 860 evo 500gb
  • ram g.skill trident z rgb 16gb 3200mh
  • psu corsair vs 550w
  • cpu water cooler nzxt kraken x52
  • hdd western digital caviar blue 1tb
  • case nzxt s340 elite
  • 2x fans nzxt aer rgb 120 with hue plus
  • motherboard asus prime z370-A

Theres also 2 rgb strips inside that come out of the case and connect to a wall, so not the pc itself. My pc is full of light n almost everything possible has rgbs, so could this all be too much for the psu? I'm freaking out a little and i hope to find a solution soon..

thanks for everyone who can help out!

Oct 23, 2019
I think that it could be hdd, sometimes it stops working when it has no read/write task. You might see red LED on your case lights up when hdd is active, try checking if at that moment it strats glowing. It could be that fans stop spinning and know to make a weird noise(happend to me once on graphics card)

'sounds like a component reboots itself', but, you keep playing, so, clearly nothing is rebooting/resetting.

A better description of what you are hearing might be helpful. (Is it possibly just spinning hard drive access, possibly the sounds of it 'waking back up' after spinning itself down,with subsequent access sounds?)

Oct 23, 2019
I think that it could be hdd, sometimes it stops working when it has no read/write task. You might see red LED on your case lights up when hdd is active, try checking if at that moment it strats glowing. It could be that fans stop spinning and know to make a weird noise(happend to me once on graphics card)
Thank you so much, I will try to pay attention if i see something light up

Oct 23, 2019
'sounds like a component reboots itself', but, you keep playing, so, clearly nothing is rebooting/resetting.

A better description of what you are hearing might be helpful. (Is it possibly just spinning hard drive access, possibly the sounds of it 'waking back up' after spinning itself down,with subsequent access sounds?)
It does kinda sound like veryvery fast spinning. it keeps gettin higher and then it stops. Now that i think of it it could be the hdd, but i havent just thought of that before since i couldnt quite get where the sound comes from

InvalidError

Titan
A HDD spinning back up after going into power-saving spin-down mode due to no activity for a while would be the most obvious cause. Check your power management options to see if you have HDD power saving configured in there. Even if you don't, some drives go into spin-down mode on their own.

Oct 23, 2019
A HDD spinning back up after going into power-saving spin-down mode due to no activity for a while would be the most obvious cause. Check your power management options to see if you have HDD power saving configured in there. Even if you don't, some drives go into spin-down mode on their own.
Thanks, I checked n apparently my hdd turns off/on every 20mins on its own. I changed the setting to "never" so ill see if it stops now.