My PC is not booting at all!

WWP

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013
My PC is not booting anywhere! Pressing power button doesn't do anything, no response, the only response I get is when I clear the CMOS button the power supply tries to cause a launch but the PC won't launch up to boot.

The issue started while gaming, first time I was playing far cry 4 and when the PC shutdown I felt the PSU is very hot I almost smell something burned but not quite sure or maybe because the plastics were so hot but maybe nothing is burning and that would be a far possibility.

Then the PC took time to boot again, and the next time I was playing BF4 and that time the PC shutdown and never boot up again.

If I disconnect the CPU cable the PC acts the same boot failure like it doesn't matter whether you connect or disconnect the CPU cable.

But if I disconnect the 24-pin cable then of course there is no power to the motherboard.

xXxREBELOxXx

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2015
Re check all wiring, you probably didn't hook everything up correctly aka something is maybe not fully plugged in. Check 24 pin first then cpu power supply wires as they are most likely the cause here.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from WWP : "My PC is not booting at all!"

WWP

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013

g1 sniper z97
1TB WD blue
780 classified
650W CoolerMaster +80 Gold
8GB Corsair vengeance pro

WWP

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013

I disconnect and re plugged these cables.

But the problem was the PC is shutdown during gaming the first time and took time to boot again, the last time it shutdown and never boot up again. << I should add this to the main post