Question My PC is not detecting my front panel ports

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
I have Corsair Crystal Series 570x Tower and the front I/O ports are not working. The service department at Micro Center set this up for me so I have no idea if the ports are connected.

Ok, the ports for the mic or headset works, but the USB ports don't seem to work. Its weird, because my external CD-ROM drive will flash some lights as if it is being recognized, but its not actually showing up in file explorer.
There should be a cable(s), marked USB, coming from the front of the case that needs to plug into the USB header on your motherboard. Sometimes the cables are tucked away in the front of the case and may be difficult to find.

If there is more than one USB cable coming from the front of the case, it's probably for USB 2.0 and USB 3.x and the cables will tagged accordingly. Plug the USB 3.x into the USB 3.x header on the motherboard and the USB 2.0 to the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard (If you have a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard).

The CD-ROM drive should have 2 connections, one for power and one for SATA. There should be a SATA cable coming out of the back of the CD-ROM drive that needs to connect to a SATA header on the motherboard. The power cable should also be connected to the back of the CD-ROM drive, right next to the SATA cable, and needs to be connected to your power supply. It sounds like the power connection for the CD-ROM is connected up correctly since your getting flashing lights on it. The SATA cable is likely not connected correctly or has come loose.

Last edited:

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
There should be a cable(s), marked USB, coming from the front of the case that needs to plug into the USB header on your motherboard. Sometimes the cables are tucked away in the front of the case and may be difficult to find.

If there is more than one USB cable coming from the front of the case, it's probably for USB 2.0 and USB 3.x and the cables will tagged accordingly. Plug the USB 3.x into the USB 3.x header on the motherboard and the USB 2.0 to the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard (If you have a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard).

🙂 Oh I fixed it, well not me per se, I just took it back to Micro Center. Whoever set up my PC at the time at the store probably didn't hook everything up correctly. Thanks anyway though.