[SOLVED] My PC is not powering up after installing GPU

Feb 7, 2022
So whenever i try to power up my pc after installing gpu i doesnt power up .Both CPU and GPU fans are not starting. But when i power it on after removing my 6pin connector its fans started working.
I checked my gpu on other pc but same issue occured. It was working fine before.
My pc specs :
i5 2320
6gb ram
500gb hdd
240gb ssd
gtx 660 gigabyte

Solution
Well, as much as I hate to say it, the GTX660 is about 9 years old, which is pretty darn old for a graphics card. Sometimes on older cards when they are removed they just, for whatever reason, perhaps because solder joints have become weak or whatever and the card gets slightly flexed while being taken out and put back in, decides to crap the bed at that time. If it doesn't work in the system it did work in prior to being removed, despite several attempts, and won't work in another system, in the same way that it won't work in the system it was in, and if we know that all the power supplies involved are of sufficient capacity and are working normally, then as unfortunate as it might seem the only logical conclusion is that the card is...
Did you just get this "GTX 660" graphics card?

What is your EXACT power supply model (Look at the label on the side of the PSU if you don't know. All power supplies must have one)?

Did you previously have a different graphics card installed or were you using only the integrated graphics before?

If it was "working fine before" then why was it even removed from the PC so that you had to "reinstall it" again?

Feb 7, 2022
Did you just get this "GTX 660" graphics card?

What is your EXACT power supply model (Look at the label on the side of the PSU if you don't know. All power supplies must have one)?

Did you previously have a different graphics card installed or were you using only the integrated graphics before?

If it was "working fine before" then why was it even removed from the PC so that you had to "reinstall it" again?
I was using GTX 660 from May 2021 . I removed it to clean my pc and when i put it back , this problem occured. My psu is 400W silverstone

Well, as much as I hate to say it, the GTX660 is about 9 years old, which is pretty darn old for a graphics card. Sometimes on older cards when they are removed they just, for whatever reason, perhaps because solder joints have become weak or whatever and the card gets slightly flexed while being taken out and put back in, decides to crap the bed at that time. If it doesn't work in the system it did work in prior to being removed, despite several attempts, and won't work in another system, in the same way that it won't work in the system it was in, and if we know that all the power supplies involved are of sufficient capacity and are working normally, then as unfortunate as it might seem the only logical conclusion is that the card is done.

What does concern me though is that you are running only a 400w power supply when the minimum recommended PSU capacity for the GTX 660 is a good 450w unit with at least 26 amps on the 12v rail. What power supply is in the other machine that you tested it in?

If you move the display cable to the motherboard video output, does the system work that way, with the graphics card removed? The graphics card NEEDS to be removed before you attempt to use the integrated graphics, especially since there is a problem with the card.

Solution