Question My PC is not starting despite MOBO receiving power

Oct 27, 2022
I have this problem for a while now and I still managed to turn my PC, somehow.

Im using my PC for about a 2 months now and these past few week my PC wont even start unless I unplug and plug my PSU cable then pressing the power button and repeat wishing my PC to start the next time I press the power button.

When my PC boots, I can use it normaly like nothing is wrong. But It changes when I shutdown my PC at night then I will have the same problem the next day. But I didn't mind it because I can still turn my PC on after a few tries of unplugging and plugging my PC, I can use it like normal when it turns on.

But now, It changed because my PC doesn't want to turn on anymore. There is power coming out of the USBs because of the idle lights on my mouse and keyboard. So I thought maybe PSU is the problem.

I have 3 PSU laying around here. 1 brand new for reserve, but non of the PSU managed to start my PC.
I have read that maybe its a sign of a dead or dying CMOS batter, so I swapped It as well, No luck.
I have tried reseating everything, CPU, RAM, CMOS. (I dont have GPU). I tried reseating cables as well but no luck.
I tried swapping power cables, nothing works.

Before this happens, I notice that my PC sometimes turns on by itself. I remember pressing the power button once but I got no signs of it turning on so grabbed my stuff downstairs to try and open it, But when I went back in my room, My PC has already booted up. I managed to use my PC the whole day no problem.

I tried:
-Replacing CMOS
-Reseating Everything
-Swap PSU
-Test Ram one by one
-Tried jump starting

I even tried removing the mobo on the chasy and jump it with just the CPU and PSU on board because apparently screws can prevent your PC from even starting because of shorting. It didn't even start.

Can it be a faulty mobo problem?
SPECS:
AsROCK A320m-HDV
Ryzen 3 2200g Vega 8
16GBs RAM 2x8 DDR4 2666 hz
RAKK RK400 ATX PSU
IMG_20221027_153924.jpg

Oct 27, 2022
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022
have a look if the CPU socket pins of the motherboard are bend wrongly or dirty, but would think that the motherboard is the culprit too
Hi, im back, a storm hits our country and we dont have electricity for about a week and now my PC is working perfectly again. So I let my pc run for a while to soften the thermal paste and checked for bent pins. I didn't find any bent pins so I just cleaned the socket then reseat my CPU. It booted as normal now then when I put my PC back on its standing position, I kind of dropped it a bit hard then my screen goes all rainbow and stuff so I forced my PC to turn off by hold the power button. After that I can't boot my PC again, I got annoyed and I flicked my finger on my motherboard then it boots up by itself.
Now Im using my PC to write this reply. Maybe its a bad MOBO, I try to save up and buy a new MOBO if this problem continues tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2022
Thats some weird stuff, I would guess theres something loose.

Does you case have a reset button?, if so, Did you tried to use the reset button, instead of the power button.?
I tried that as well. Both power and reset button works fine.
My PC just never turns on when its been shutdown for about 4 hours or more.
I have to repeatedly press the power button while plug and unplugging my computer, hoping that it will turn on the next time I press the power button. Once it runs, I can shut it down and turn it on like normal, but if its been turned off of around that 4 hour mark, i have to do the plug and unplugging process again.
(I also tried jump starting it as well, if my PC is turn off for a long time, I cant jump it. But once I managed to turn it on, then shut it down, I can jump start it no problems.)