[SOLVED] My pc is not supported for windows 11

Solution
Most systems that use TPM now use a secure enclave in the processor itself. It's systems that use an external TPM module that's vulnerable to such.

Besides, why would you require and use a module that can be hijacked?
pluton seems to emulate tpm, so there should another second chip, amd has psp, dunno what intel has
Chip-to-cloud-security.png

internet based security, wouldnt you love that? :)
but hey youl get firmware security updates from windows update, isnt that better than performing bios update? xD

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Much like every other of the literally MILLONS of PC users who have working and relevant PC that can't upgrade you either wait it out to see if MS changes their minds about the support (don't hold your breath), consider buying a new PC or parts to make yours compatible, or a Linux solution.

Don't do anything. Keep using Windows 10 until support ends in 2025, then make decisions then. By then the situation may have changed and you may even have a newer computer that can run Windows 11.

There are workarounds to get Windows 11 running on older hardware, however I wouldn't bother now since Windows 11 provides no benefits over 10 currently.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
^ There have been rumblings that MS is planning or is already rolling out what amounts to a watermark for unsupported systems. I have yet to see such but have read indications that it is going to happen. Further, these unsupported OS are supposedly going to be blocked from updates. It would be safer to continue on 10 than to put your system at risk without security updates.

As to the W11 no better argument...early on I would have agreed. I put 11 onto two of my daily driver work machines at this point and have found quite a few things that I prefer...in particular I like the file explorer actions available without double clicking and so forth. There are still quite a few kinks to be worked out yet as well.

What should I do before windows 10 ends support because my pc is not supported its i5-6600, 16 GB ram?
So long as your pc is doing the job, you need do nothing.

Windows support means adding new features and device support.
One can not expect such additions to go on forever.
Lack of support does not mean that your pc will no longer work.
Without support, you should still be getting critical security updates.

Most systems that use TPM now use a secure enclave in the processor itself. It's systems that use an external TPM module that's vulnerable to such.

Besides, why would you require and use a module that can be hijacked?
pluton seems to emulate tpm, so there should another second chip, amd has psp, dunno what intel has
Chip-to-cloud-security.png

internet based security, wouldnt you love that? :)
but hey youl get firmware security updates from windows update, isnt that better than performing bios update? xD

Solution
Jul 14, 2021
What should I do before windows 10 ends support because my pc is not supported its i5-6600, 16 GB ram?

There's nothing you really need to do. Win 11 offers a few practical features, but it also removed a few features I like. So in the user's end, not having Win 11 is not so terrible. In fact, I find myself using my Win10 computer more than my Win 11 one. Admittedly, there are probably all kinds of improvements under the hood that I don't notice.

As for security patches, make sure you have some 3rd party antivirus software and firewall, and you should be fine.

saifgaming123456

Reputable
Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for the replies, yeah I know I shouldn't think about this until it ends support, someone talked about Linux yeah I have used it before but the problem is not all of the games are supported there.