Question My pc is not turning on

Mar 19, 2019
Hi i just back from college and i turn on my pc and noting happens.On the MB i just see red dot light for second and the fans just move a little and stop .My pc specs GB B360m hyperx ram 2x4gb 2666 gpu asus (that seys on the box dual) gtx 1060 3gb psu fsp hexa series +500.Btw i try to find somting of the red dot post on the manual on Mb but i can't pls help!!

Imacflier

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
I use Gigabyte MBs. All of the boards I am familiar with have a large round red switch/indicator that indicates power to the MB. Is this the "red dot light" you are referring to?
When you turn on the power supply power switch do you have a power to MB light illuminated? Or is this occurring after power supply power on and after cpu power switch is pressed? It sounds like you are not posting and should go through the no posting trouble shooting sticky under "systems".

Larry

Mar 19, 2019
When i turn the power supply i have some led next to the ports that suppose to be turn on and light but now is just flicker and noting maybe the psu is done ??

Unplug system from wall power, remove the CMOS battery from motherboard. Hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug things back in, see if that works. FSP is a decent power supply brand but from what is happening you are looking at a power supply or motherboard issue as the two most likely things.

Mar 19, 2019
The MB is trand new but the psu is from my old sistem and btw i think i see like a smoke from the psu and someting like expode in dere and have some light when i try to turn it on last time

The MB is trand new but the psu is from my old sistem and btw i think i see like a smoke from the psu and someting like expode in dere and have some light when i try to turn it on last time

Why did you even bother posting then without first replacing the power supply? It's like someone getting shot then asking your friends if all this bleeding is bad and should you go see a doctor. Trying to use the system with a blown power supply may have also damaged the motherboard, so if replacing the power supply does not make the system boot, you will have to basically test all the components.

TRENDING THREADS