Question My pc is now underperforming two weeks later

Could be any number of things including processes running in the background. These Userbenchmark tests are not very accurate and it would be better running something like CinebenchR20 and check your CPU score with others to see whether the CPU is in the right place and for GPU use Time Spy etc...

Jun 27, 2020
I built my pc 2 weeks ago and when i played games on it i seemed fine fps was good and i also got a ram error and blue screened twice then did some diagnostics and bios changes and it fixed but then 2 weeks later i noticed my fps in games was dropping. I have a ryzen 7 3700x and 2070 super gigabyte 570x gaming x mobo and 750w txm corsair gold. I would play valorant and fps between 200 to 250 somtimes 300 and now i get 150 to 250 mainly around 180 and my friend who uses a i5 4th gen and 1060 gets 180 to 200 fps. then i played another game ark survival evolved and my fps dropped from 100 to round 70 80 and would stutter a lot to 30 fps but i assume thats ark as its unstable. I just dont know what fix i could do. Also when loading certain game the pc makes like weird low pitched zzzzzzz sound. and in fortnite i tested my fps will randomly drop to 80 sometimes 30 frequent not like constant but when it drops its for a split second. And when i have xmp enabled so my ram goes to 3200mhz the games will randomly close no error message

Last edited:
The performance drop off is probably because of your RAM speed being 3200 MHz in the earlier run and 2133 MHz now. Ryzen CPUs love fast memory and 2133 MHz will bottleneck the CPU in pretty much everything. Turn XMP back on in your BIOS. Maybe try a lower RAM speed like 3000 MHz instead, see if games still crash.

Jun 27, 2020
so i set it manually the same issues still persist and then after i did that i decided to look at some memory tests and did memtest 86 which is currently still running and it has found 1 error in the ram. but what im thinking is if the mobo dimm slots are faulty could that be causing the fake error in the ram

so i set it manually the same issues still persist and then after i did that i decided to look at some memory tests and did memtest 86 which is currently still running and it has found 1 error in the ram. but what im thinking is if the mobo dimm slots are faulty could that be causing the fake error in the ram
What makes you think the RAM itself is not faulty? Memtest86 should ideally come out with zero errors, but I'd suggest you start with replacing the RAM rather than the motherboard.

Jun 27, 2020
yeah i have already had to replace mobo as it was faulty before ethernet port was broke so thats why i think it could be slots and i ran the test over night and it came to 19 errors. also i had two bsod screens with memory managment code about 2 weeks ago

yeah i have already had to replace mobo as it was faulty before ethernet port was broke so thats why i think it could be slots and i ran the test over night and it came to 19 errors. also i had two bsod screens with memory managment code about 2 weeks ago
You really should still start with the RAM, if motherboard slots were faulty the problem wouldn't occur on the other two slots, so maybe try using those. Also, check for bent pins on the CPU/Motherboard.

Jun 27, 2020
cpu has no bent pins
I put the ram in the other slots my fps drops and freezes still occurred and decided to do the memtest 86 again but still time with it disabled and after an hour test completed no errors then i did it with xmp enabled and it said there was errors again. however it would make sense if i turned of xmp the fps would fix but it hasnt i still get fps drops down to 50 in fortnite and in destiny 2 fps drops down to 60. i

Last edited:
thats the result https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31271515
i also decided to take out gpu and put in my old 960 went on same games and ran gpu stress test fps still dropped by half and fps stutter in games also my gpu has coil whine
Something seems to be taking up your CPU or hard drive usage, check your Task Manager and see if there's something using up Disk or CPU. Run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware software.